Yvonne
Just Said Yes October 2022

Help Unused Wedding Invitations

Yvonne, on April 30, 2020 at 2:09 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 10
Saved
Hello ladies,
We decided to cancel our June 14th wedding due to Covid19. Our plan is to have a celebration next year. Once we finally made the decision I felt a huge relive if stress off of me.
Only thing that’s really bothering me is what to do with these expensive invites.
Contacted the printer and they will give us 75% off reorder but I’m not looking to spend any more money

Reality says only thing I can do is to toss them. Does anyone have any suggestions?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Yvonne, on April 30, 2020 at 4:42 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Would you mind just whiting out the date? (Assuming the location stays the same)?
  • Yvonne
    Yvonne ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for replying. I’ll see how it looks. Might not be a bad solution. tenor.gif

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

Are there any wedding DIY projects you could use them for? Are you planning on doing a wedding scrapbook or shadowbox keepsake? You could use parts of them for that, make frames out of them for photos. If they are flexible enough, you could use the paper to make a rose or 2 as a keepsake. I wouldn't toss them just yet as hopefully you will be able to find a use for them.

• Yvonne
    Yvonne ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Sherry. Great idea for photo background or scrapping. Again thanks for responding.
  • Kristi
    Beginner June 2021
    Kristi ·
    • Flag
    I saw a video where they took gold paint and painted over the old date and re-dated the invitations
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I think writing over the date and putting in the new one could be a creative way to embrace the fact that your date needed to change. Then you wouldn't have to reprint anything.

• Brittany
    Super October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I agree with PP for if you can white out the date and see if you can write the new date on there. I was thinking can you use it for the programs? Maybe using it as the first page of the programs? Or something like that??

• Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda ·
    • Flag

I agree with the other posts. Just print the new date on labels, and place the labels over the date on the invitation. Given the circumstances, people would know you postponed and would totally understand. Good luck. Smiley smile

• Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You're welcome.

Another idea, if you are having a photo booth, you could get a white/solid sheet and decoupage them to it to make the backdrop. You can roll it and store it until you use it. I'm some what obsessed with DIY so I am always full of ideas lol

• Yvonne
    Yvonne ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a good one too. Actually I could see how that would be really adorable!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics