Kienna
Beginner October 2020

Help Pleasee! Any Ideas welcome!

Kienna, on December 9, 2019 at 3:53 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 27
Saved Save
I am getting married in October 2020. We are having a Garden ceremony but our reception is inside the venue which she told me is always really really COLD. I chose my dress wayyy before we had a venue picked out and now I am having second thoughts about it. Here is a picture of my dress:
Help Pleasee! Any Ideas welcome! 1
Help Pleasee! Any Ideas welcome! 2I have no sleeves or anything, and I saw this cute jacket type thing on David's Bridal's website but I feel like it would look better on a plain dress with no appliques like mine. It also only comes in one color and my dress is ivory and champagne and the jacket only comes in white. Maybe I am being a little dramatic but I would love to know if you guys think it will clash with my dress and if you have any alternatives or ideas so I am not freezing on my wedding day! Help Pleasee! Any Ideas welcome! 3Help Pleasee! Any Ideas welcome! 4

27 Comments

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Your dress is beautiful! I do like the jacket you've shown, but I would also be concerned with it being the wrong color for your dress. We're having a February wedding and I'm getting these Pashmina scarves for myself and my bridesmaids!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/720285113/pashmina-scarf-ivory-free-shipping-ivory?ref=user_profile&pro=1&frs=1

I also considered a few faux fur shawls that I found on Amazon by just searching "fur shawl", but I thought the scarves went better with out wedding style. You could also ask your seamstress about adding sleeves to your dress when you go for alterations Smiley smile

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

I love your dress!! the jacket is cute i would suggest trying it on with your dress before purchasing it - it might work well but it also might clash. lace is hard sometimes lol

but if the jacket doesn't work you could always get a nice shawl or a cute little cover for your shoulders!

• Jordan
    Devoted April 2020
    Jordan ·
    • Flag

The sleeves are very pretty, but they seem pretty thin and sheer, I would if you like the way they look, search for something a little warmer like the faux fur like Amber mentioned. The dress is Stunning by the way!

• Kienna
    Beginner October 2020
    Kienna ·
    • Flag
    Thank you all so much! I was thinking about a faux fur I guess I just havent found any that I really like yet hut I'll keep searching! ♡
  • Eri
    Expert October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

Your dress is SO pretty! I like the idea of faux fur or a scarf/shawl as mentioned above.

I hope you find something you love!

• L
    Lady ·
    • Flag

The hall at my wedding was a totally normal/comfortable temperature and I sweat my a** off because it was so much fun/so much adrenaline/etc from being my wedding day Smiley smile Point is, you might be totally fine!!!

I agree with PP's that while the lace shrug is beautiful, i dont' think it's the best match for your dress. Faux fur wrap would be so cute, or even a nice soft pashmina that you could drape around your shoulders - maybe in wedding colors?

• Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    I bought this dress and wore it in 40 degrees. I wore a shawl for some of the pictures but did many pics without the shawl. But my reception was inside and warm.
  • Kienna
    Beginner October 2020
    Kienna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's also what I was thinking maybe like a shawl or something like that! I know with all the movement I'll probably be fine but just in case so it doesn't become miserable LOL but my dress is also really hot underneath. Just in the 15 minutes I had it on I was already sweating!
  • Kristen
    VIP November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Don't you dare second-guess that dress hahaha. It's okay I chose my dress and I still haven't chosen a venue but I'm still going to make my dress work because we are going to get married outside even if it's hot or if it's cold I'm wearing that dress. I think that jacket looks lovely but my only concern is that it looks very sheer so I would even question if that material will keep you warm. The venue could be very cold but also remember that for the reception you're going to be walking around talking to people and then maybe even at some point dancing so you may actually break a sweat. I don't feel that you should base your dress on the venue rather I love your idea of getting a jacket just in case you do feel a little chilly because that dress is stunning on you and I think it is beautiful.
  • Kienna
    Beginner October 2020
    Kienna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much! I mentioned on someone else's comment that the dress does get really hot underneath so it might be perfect LOL I just want to be extra prepared in case! But I also don't want to spend a lot of money either!
  • Noelle
    Devoted November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is beautiful! No more second guessing, you’ll be fine. Maybe a shawl or faux fur wrap like others have said. But you’ll be fine.
  • Jaimie
    Expert May 2020
    Jaimie ·
    • Flag
    That dress is gorgeous!
  • Kristen
    VIP November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl no don't spend too much more if you can help it. If you love the dress keep it. I think it's fabulous.
  • Kienna
    Beginner October 2020
    Kienna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!
  • Kienna
    Beginner October 2020
    Kienna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much!!
  • Kienna
    Beginner October 2020
    Kienna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much! That's what I'm thinking a shawl probably!
  • Jaimie
    Expert May 2020
    Jaimie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You're welcome!
  • Aimee
    Expert July 2020
    Aimee ·
    • Flag
    I would try the tulle jacket and if it doesn’t work then return it. There are different options like shawls, fur jackets and even portable heat lamps. If you love your dress, I would try the different options first.
  • Chrysta
    Super November 2020
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    First of all, that dress looks amazing on you!! Second, have you searched Pinterest for ideas? There are lots of cute ones on there. I have seen a lot of brides just wear cute little cardigan sweaters and it looks darling. Are you having a large wedding? Once the room is packed full of people, it tends to heat up pretty quickly. Especially if you will be on the dance floor! I we definitely have something on hand just in case you need it. At least while you are sitting to eat.
  • Carly
    Dedicated April 2020
    Carly ·
    • Flag
    This might not be your style - but, thought I’d share any way. We’re having an April, outdoor wedding in TN - which can be chilly at night. So, I’m getting a jean jacket and going to vinyl Mrs. Parker on the back of it. Depending on the style/vibe of your wedding - I think it can be so cute! And, if it ends up not being cold & I don’t wear it that night - I can still get some use out of it on our honeymoon or whenever.

Help Pleasee! Any Ideas welcome! 5Help Pleasee! Any Ideas welcome! 6

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics