We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Amy
Savvy October 2020

Help me pick a dress!

Amy, on July 7, 2020 at 3:08 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 40
Saved Save

Help me pick a dress! 1

Help me pick a dress! 2

Help me pick a dress! 3

Help me pick a dress! 4

Help me pick a dress! 5

Help me pick a dress! 6
The first dress I just got for 50 dollars at lulu's! I was instantly drawn to it and it fits me perfectly. I love it so much I am doubting my first dress that I bought 2 years ago Smiley sad I already had some portraits taken of my first one. But I cant help feeling like the new one is more me. I also hate to throw the 500 I spent on the original dress down the toilet. Which do you guys think looks better?

40 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on July 17, 2020 at 7:36 PM
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie
    • Flag
    The Lulus dress is freaking amazing on you. If you're feeling really guilty you can wear the OG dress at the ceremony and change for the reception. But honestly, the first dress makes your body look like 馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟
  • Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin
    • Flag
    Definitely the lulu鈥檚 dress!
  • Martha
    Devoted October 2022
    Martha
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love this idea

• Samantha
    Devoted July 2020
    Samantha
    • Flag

I agree, I think they both look great on you but I really like the Lulu's one! Do what Julie said and wear the OG one for the actual ceremony and then change into the Lulu's dress for the reception since it's a bit lighter.

• G
    Dedicated August 2021
    Gianna
    • Flag
    I LOVE that first dress!
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine
    • Flag

Both dresses are beautiful but if the one from Lulu's is more you, definitely go with that one. You can either change from ceremony to reception as already suggested or if you really don't want to wear the other dress, you can always try to sell it to a local shop that takes dresses or online. Stillwhite is a great resale website. It's where I got my dress and I love it.

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner
    • Flag
    I can鈥檛 believe you got that for only $50! It looks awesome. I鈥檇 suggest either selling your first one or wear it for the ceremony and then wear this dress to the reception
  • Chelsea G
    Devoted March 2021
    Chelsea G
    • Flag

I love the Lulu's dress! Their wedding section is wonderful!! As PP suggested try selling it on one of the wedding dress sites and if that fails there's always the option to donate it to one of those boutiques that gives dresses to those in need.

• Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy
    • Flag
    I think the first one looks better on you. Like the PP said maybe wear the other one for your ceremony and some pics.
  • Jess
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jess
    • Flag

They are both beautiful, but the Lulus dress is so stunning on you!

• Molly
    Rockstar September 2020
    Molly
    • Flag

The lulus dress is the best!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    The spaghetti-strap dress is LuLu鈥檚??? Wow. Love it. But I agree with others, wear both and do a change at the reception.
  • Valerie
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    Valerie
    • Flag
    I like the Lulu鈥檚 dress, but then that鈥檚 my dress too. Haha
  • Auney
    Just Said Yes December 2021
    Auney
    • Flag

Love the dress from Lulu's!! both are so beautiful

• Amy
    Savvy October 2020
    Amy
    • Flag
    Thank you ladies! It seems everyone loves the lulu's dress, including my matron of honor! I haven't decided if I want to wear both or just the lulu's dress yet...
  • Soon To Be Mrs. Stewart
    Devoted August 2022
    Soon To Be Mrs. Stewart
    • Flag

The first one is everything

• Amy
    Savvy October 2020
    Amy
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my gosh that's so cool! 馃槀 when is your date??
  • Tori
    Dedicated November 2020
    Tori
    • Flag
    Both look great on you! To me, the $500 looks more like a wedding dress and the $50 looks like a party dress. If I were you I would wear the $500 to the ceremony and the $50 to the reception... or you always have the rehearsal dinner too
  • Jasie
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jasie
    • Flag
    If you have both, then use both. Smiley smile Use one for the ceremony (I vote the second one) and then the other for the reception. Both dresses are beautiful.
  • H
    Dedicated December 2020
    Halie
    • Flag
    I like the idea of wearing the first dress at the ceremony and the Lulus dress at the rehearsal dinner or reception. Both look gorgeous on you! Do you mind me asking... can you share the link for the Lulus dress? I haven鈥檛 seen anything like that on the website!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles