Arlene
Devoted March 2020

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how?

Arlene, on October 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM

Posted in Parties and Events 84

I love love loveeeeeee proposal stories!!! How was your proposal where or how did he do it? I loved mine!! I do admit I wish my fiance had planned someone to take a video or photo because that is one thing we both wanted, random people took it but I never got their contact info lol but NONE THE...

I love love loveeeeeee proposal stories!!!

How was your proposal where or how did he do it?

I loved mine!! I do admit I wish my fiance had planned someone to take a video or photo because that is one thing we both wanted, random people took it but I never got their contact info lol but NONE THE LESS, STILL AMAZINGLY PERFECT!Smiley heart Smiley diamond

84 Comments

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love that!!!!!!!

• Kathryn
    Dedicated November 2018
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag

With NERF guns!

I had just gotten ready to go out to dinner with a bunch of my friends for my birthday, which was the day before. He had snagged my phone and asked me where it was, and sent me on a wild goose chase hunting it down until he said he thought he saw it on a table in our bedroom. It was there with a sweet note saying he had a question for me on top of a towel. Under the towel was a Nerf gun and two bullets: white with a Smiley smile sticky note and blue with a Smiley sad sticky note. He heard me laugh and started playing "our" song on our record player. I came out to him saying words, taking out a ring, and then dropping to one knee. I don't remember the words, I don't think I even heard them, I was crying so much.

He still gives me lip about not actually shooting him when he asked me to.

Best part was that it was the two of us, but I was still able to go out and tell all the people I love and love me that we were getting married, and show off the gorgeous ring he picked out.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Now that is fricking awesome!!that is dope!!!omg i love that !!!!!!!! I just died that is tooooooo cute i love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MeadorTogether
    Dedicated June 2019
    MeadorTogether ·
    • Flag
    I sooo saw mine coming lol. My husband is not a planner and we’re big home bodies but he kept insisting we have a Christmas filled day on Christmas Eve ( I love the holidays). He literally drove me crazy and guessing all day lol.

It started off with ice skating at the mall, (didn’t happen) then we went to a Christmas train store/museum thing (didn’t happen), after that we went to have dinner at an Italian restaurant (still didn’t happen lol). We then walked around the a park that has the trees all lite up (didn’t happen there either). We then went home and watch ‘how the grinch stole Christmas’ ( I should not that this was a big deal as he hates Christmas movies lol but is still didn’t happen ). Then we decided it was stocking time, we always do them on Christmas Eve. You would think it was in my stocking but nope. lol. I was a little upset when it wasn’t in my stocking, not going to lie as it was such a perfect day and it just wasn’t happening lol. All of a sudden he’s was like ‘Wait, there’s something else in my stocking’ since I was a little salty I was like ‘I don’t remember😒’ lol. Then He got down on one knee and said ‘I can’t imagine spending Christmas with anyone else and I would like to spend the rest of them with you’ and pulled out the ring.

Still manage to surprise me as when I didn’t find it in my stocking I figured it just wasn’t going to happen lol 😂
  • Kayla
    September 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    We had my Bestfriends and sister over brunch it was December. So we were going to have a snowball fight! It was freezing Michigan weather!! But we all walked to the park in our townhouse complex. She gave our son the elephant keychain that had my ring on it. He said “Here Mommy my mama dropped this”. And handed it to me! She got down on one knee! We then came back in the house and I pulled out the ring that I had bought for her a few months before in front of our Christmas tree!
  • Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is sooo cute!!!I love Christmas by the way!!

I have to admit I was the same way!! My fiance bought us a trip to Florida for the weekend then a cruise for the week after to the Bahamas from Florida. We live in Cali so I thought that was cool and he kept talking about engagement in the future when he bought the trip. I felt the same way when we got to the Bahamas I kept thinking it would happen then when so many things happened and he didn't propose I thought maybe he really was not going to propose this way and I just thought he would or he made me believe he would by mentioning it. Then last minute he did surprise me when I was over it and came to the conclusion it would not happen but it did. Lol I thought the same way as you I was a bit salty and just like eh I got my own hopes up.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Omg that is awesome!!!!! that is precious!! so you both proposed the same day?! I love it!!

• Mrs.Brown
    Expert August 2016
    Mrs.Brown ·
    • Flag
    It was my first time traveling to Trinidad and Tobago which is where my husband is from. We had a very nice dinner by the beach surrounded by his family. Then out of nowhere I see he stands up and start talking and I see all of his family members pull out their phones and out of nowhere I see he gets on one knee. My heart started to race and I started to cry. Luckily my brother-in-law recorded it and I get to replay that moment over and over. It was a very nice way for him to propose to me. And one of his brothers was able to get my family who live back in Miami Florida on FaceTime to watch The Proposal live. My husband does not speak Spanish and I did not know that my mom was secretly teaching him how to say "will you marry me" in Spanish and that's how he proposed to me asking me if I would marry him in Spanish. It was absolutely amazing and the moment I will never forget.
  • PurdyAikey
    Super January 2019
    PurdyAikey ·
    • Flag

Over coffee before at our dining room table.. before work... our dogs were witness... He had been waiting for the "perfect moment" "perfect ring" "perfect everything" ... and proposed without a ring before I went to work..... I literally was almost on my way out and I was dumbfounded said no, and left to work, and called him and was like FOR REAL? Then I had to spend the whole day at work being "engaged" kinda ... I literally went to the store bought champagne came home and we celebrated!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Awww that is awesome!!!!!! I love it!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is nice though!! It is okay everyone has their unique ways and every story is just as beautiful! lol I was like you too when he got down on one knee i was like no no no no your doing it now then of course said yes and was balling my eyes out?! because I had anticipated for it so long that when it came I really was not ready lol.

• Stacy
    Devoted May 2021
    Stacy ·
    • Flag
    He has the whole thing planned from Sunday 2017...got engaged March 2018...had originally planned itnfor my 49th bday but we moved to NC right before it so he changed to his 40th bday. We moved from MD and he had it st my best friend's gouse with our close friends and family there.. A totatl suprise. I had already planned a bday party for him so he turned into a surprise engagement.

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 1

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 2

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 3
  • Lisa
    Devoted October 2018
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    We went to the beach for a family vacation (him, me, 2 of my kids) a year ago this past weekend. I had no idea he was planning on proposing at all. It was the second full day we were there. We were all on the beach hanging out, the kids playing. A little earlier I had written in the sand Lisa loves Michael. I showed it to him and he was all 😍 awwww. So then later he walked off and was writing in the sand behind where we were sitting. My daughter kept going to try and see what he was writing so he erased it. He came and sat next to me and started talking about getting married. I was like yeah sure. Anyway - the conversation didnt go well. He was being serious and I got all aggravated because I'd told him I wanted something special not just all non chalant. So he didnt actually propose. Later that night I said let's go for a walk on the beach. It was almost a full moon and it was a clear pretty night out. My kids didnt want to come with us. So we walked and talked for a long time. He stopped and turned and took my hands and started telling me his feelings and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, he pulled the ring out of his pocket. 😍😍 of course I said yes. Then we looked up and both my kids were standing on the top of the sand dunes watching. They came running down all excited. It was too dark to see my ring so I had to wait until we went back into the condo to see it. It's so gorgeous!
  • Destiny
    Savvy August 2019
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    In a hotel actually lol! He had just came back from military training for the holidays and so we decided to have a little mini vacation and get a hotel room. He had a photographer, flowers, candles, champagne, balloons, my family was hiding as well..pretty much everything you can think of. It was so beautiful!

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 4

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 5

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 6

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 7
  • Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww that what a surprise!! tables were turned around on you lol. Congrats !!!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love it!!! and the decorations are gorgeous awww that is so sweet !!

• K
    Savvy June 2019
    Kailey ·
    • Flag
    I love reading these!
    I am a huge Disney nut but hate being in front of people. So we were in Animal Kingdom and he proposed in Avatar Land! It was the only place in Disney I hadn’t been yet! He asked two women to take pictures/video and they just happened to be Disney travel agents in training! They had a goal from dismey to find the most magical moment. Boy did they win! Haha
  • Tracey & Dr. Julian
    Devoted August 2019
    Tracey & Dr. Julian ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé proposed 1/1/2018 in Hawaii at a luau in front of hundreds of people. My fiancé went to the bathroom during the intercession. The host reported someone is going to be a grand prize winner and my name was called. I was asked to go in stage and my fiancé came out from the back stage singing.

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 8
  • V
    Beginner June 2020
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    At my university graduation party in front of all our family and friends, it was perfect!!

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 9

Happy Tuesday ladies! Where did your fiance propose and how? 10
  • C
    Dedicated September 2019
    charley ·
    • Flag
    My guy is very open and finds it eaiser to just come out and says things.

So we were at home on september 1st 2017, it was a friday and we were both enjoying some drinks ... i was in a scruffy tee , joggers on and hair messy from a busy day at my work. I work wirh kids so lookong dishelved is a common look for me lol.

Anyway, he looked into my eues and said "will you marry me" but i didnt realise he was actually asking me right then and there because wed always casually talk about that stuff and i said to him of course ill always be here but then he clicmed that i thought it was one if those casual convos .

So he held my hand and looked me striaght in the eye and asked me again. He said i do so much for him and how i always take care of him during his horrible depressive states and dropping everything to be with him when needed (one time i was in a store doing christmas shopping when i had a call to say he sliced his foot open and was rushed to hospital so i litterally dropped everything and left to go meet him at hospital - he was fine after it was paper stiched) and how i make him happy.

He didnt have a ring and planned to take me to disney land but he couldnt hold it in any longer. He wanted to ask me around 6 months into the relationship but as i had bad experiences with exs he waited for me to feel settled in the relationship.

I would have said yes either way though.

I wished my propsal was more romantic but someone pointed out that he was so excoted that he simply had to come out and say it because he felt so... in love and sure that he wanted me so now i think that was pretty cute!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics