Maricarmen
Expert September 2019

Guest List Issues follow up!

Maricarmen, on August 20, 2019 at 2:20 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 61
Saved
Here’s a follow up to the ladies that commented on my previous post! It just got worse!! Yes on our rsvp’s we included the number of people AND we also added names of those people invited, babies or not because my family is known for inviting randoms just to fill up those places. FBIL’s gf/mother of his children thinks she can still bring her UNINVITED mom to our wedding. I literally went to tears from anger at work! Maybe I wasn’t so nice this time? Idk and I’ve had enough!!

Guest List Issues follow up! 1

61 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on September 19, 2019 at 9:12 AM
  • Sarah
    Master September 2019
    Sarah Online ·
    • Flag
    You have so much more patience than me. I’d have told her that if her mother comes, she’ll be asked to leave the venue as she’d be a crasher. Hopefully your FBIL’s girlfriend just listens to you.
  • Maricarmen
    Expert September 2019
    Maricarmen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. Yes hopefully, but at this point she’s been given the same answer more than 3 times so I don’t understand what she’s not understanding from “NO”.
  • DitchingDiaz
    Dedicated November 2020
    DitchingDiaz ·
    • Flag

God bless you because I would have completely lost it on her. The audacity of this girl. I would honestly tell your FH to call his brother and handle this because you do NOT need to be dealing with this.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

GET IT GIRL! So proud of you for standing up for yourself & telling guests what is and isn't okay. It's insane she thinks she can just bring her mother, good for you telling her no!

• Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

She understands "no" she just doesn't like it. Maybe she thinks if she ignores your answer enough times, you'll just cave and give her what she wants. Don't do it!! We all spend a lot of time and effort and energy on our guest lists, and to have some random chick try to take over is not OK!!

Keep being firm, she is not invited. Good luck!!

• Maricarmen
    Expert September 2019
    Maricarmen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    He did!!!! And his response was this is not my problem!!! Can you believe it?!
  • Maricarmen
    Expert September 2019
    Maricarmen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! And yes it’s insane!!
  • Maricarmen
    Expert September 2019
    Maricarmen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Yes! She will not get her way!
  • Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag
    Where 👏🏽Do👏🏽You👏🏽Get👏🏽This👏🏽Gall!

Seriously? I feel bad asking for accommodations for my severe nut allergy and this person is tagging her mom into your wedding?

Cry those angry tears because you deserve to feel that way. That was so out of line and you were so nice about it

i truly hope she gets it together because that’s ridiculous. Your response was totally appropriate
  • Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

Wow you handled this so well, I can't believe someone is acting that entitled to YOUR wedding. Lord I hope these problems won't arise for our wedding, but I swear every family has at least one Smiley ups Glad you stood your ground girl!

• Future Mrs. Danger
    Expert November 2019
    Future Mrs. Danger ·
    • Flag

Wowser.... I think you are being perfectly nice.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Good for you standing up for yourself! This woman is way too much.

• Cassi
    Super October 2019
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thiss!!! Girl this is freaking nuts. She has a freaking screw loose in her head I swear. Again you were still very polite and I'm very proud of you for this. I can't believe she has that audacity. You got this, stick to your guns and have your FH address this with FBIL like asap! You are so close to your wedding day you don't need this added stress! Did she respond back to this message? I'm quite curious what is going through her mind!

• Rachael
    Expert October 2019
    Rachael ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Not his problem??? This is technically his guest that is causing this issue, you wouldn't be inviting this woman if she wasn't FBIL's gf... girl I'm just seeing the bologna you're going through with this and omg you have sooo much more patience than I would have

• Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is insane, I’m so sorry you’re still dealing with this. But you’re handling it beautifully! You said you weren’t so nice this time around but you were perfectly polite, just firm. That’s exactly what she needs is for you to stay firm.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

Good for you! OMG, I would have lost it on both FBIL and her. Not his problem, um yes it is. She is his girlfriend so that does make it his problem wow. It's so awesome that you held your ground and stood up for yourself.

• Sarah
    Devoted October 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Omg my blood would be boiling!!

• Maricarmen
    Expert September 2019
    Maricarmen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I really don’t want to lose it even though it’s so hard but I don’t want to look like the crazy one at the end of this.
  • Maricarmen
    Expert September 2019
    Maricarmen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Honestly I felt like my whole body was shaking! Never felt something like this before and I’m at work!
  • A
    Expert August 2019
    Ami ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    FH said it's not his problem? Please tell me I read that wrong. It is absolutely his problem and he needs to unite with you, not his family. You should not be doing with this, especially with the support of FH! I made my hubby do all the communication with his family that way there weren't any hard feelings towards me (they think that I'm ripping him away from them).
    Hope it gets better for you! Stick to your ground, do NOT let that mom in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics