Mariah
Savvy March 2021

Florida wedding on a budget

Mariah, on July 3, 2019 at 9:09 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved
Hi ! My guest list is going to be MAX 85 people. And that includes at least 4 children (mine. All will be under 12). My only must are open bar. And space big enough to dance and party ! My budget for just venue is $10.
So not including photography (I’m bringing my own) or my dress or rings etc. just the venue, food and drinks the budget is $10k. I’m having the HARDEST time searching. I wanted the Miami/Hollywood/fort lauderdale area but it seems impossible. I’ll take anywhere in Florida at this point.
Its a destination wedding for us. We’re in the northeast and in March it’s cold and I’m totally not budging on my wedding date. We will be going to Florida in January and I’d love to have our venue booked BEFORE then. So we can discuss all the nitty gritty details and taste test etc.
slowly giving up over here. .

13 Comments

Latest activity by Cristina, on December 30, 2019 at 3:54 PM
  • Mariah
    Savvy March 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    First sentence was a typo. $10k.
    Our wedding date is 3/20/21 😊
  • KYLIE
    Super May 2019
    KYLIE ·
    • Flag
    We got married at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando and it was beautiful—were from Connecticut so it was a destination wedding for us too. Orlando has a ton of affordable options.
    We spent about $11k for 50 people but that definitely could have been trimmed.
  • Mariah
    Savvy March 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks so much ! I was like I know I’m not being ridiculously unrealistic. I feel like my budget is doable lol I’m just looking in the wrong places ! I’m going to check them out
  • CourtneyBrittain
    Master August 2019
    CourtneyBrittain ·
    • Flag
    Our max budget is $9,000 in Dallas TX
  • Amelia
    Savvy July 2019
    Amelia ·
    • Flag
    So it’s kind of an unconventional choice but my friend got married at the funky Buddha brewery in the Fort Lauderdale area this March. I don’t think it was super expensive and it was a fun experience as a guest. The food and drinks were tasty!
  • Stephanie
    Super June 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Feel free to check out the venue we had our wedding in, Bayside Banquets. They are vendors on here and have a Facebook page as well. Catering, venue, and decor all under $5K and you can add as much as you want. They are located by St. Pete Beach and they just renovated their rooms. Our pictures are up if you'd like to have an idea.

https://www.facebook.com/baysidebanquetsst.petebeach/
  • Mariah
    Savvy March 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m marrying in black and I’m doing a ton of “untraditional” things !! So im going to check them out ! Thanks so much
  • Mariah
    Savvy March 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much Stephanie ! I’m going to get some information from them
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    The more south you go the more expensive it gets. I’m from Miami and everything here is ridiculous expensive and the venues are quiet strict with outside vendors. I remember getting quote 17-20k for venue, food and alcohol for 75 guest. Ridiculous!
    I attended a wedding in Jupiter because of lower cost up there. A friend also went to a wedding in Boca Ratón for lower prices. So go higher up and you’ll probably get better prices. If you’re looking for beach you have Daytona, Sarasota, Naples. Even Orlando and Tampa.
  • Mariah
    Savvy March 2021
    Mariah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much for location recommendations!!
    Yes Miami is INSANE. I was quoted $18k for 80 people. Like absolutely not. I am not doing that haha. That’s insane. I’m going to look further north. I’ve started inquiring in Orlando also! It’s also extremely cheap to fly into MCO from my own personal experience every time I’ve been. Which is a plus
  • Lindsay
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Lindsay ·
    • Flag
    My venue is called Jubilee.. it’s 5 hour open bar and includes everything!! And we are under 10,000
  • Alyssa
    Super December 2021
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Look at events on a budget. I don't know what places they work with but they do "wedding in a box" which I know people I went to school with (In the Miami area) used. You may need to consider places more in the Central Florida area. Anywhere coastal is $$$.

• Cristina
    Dedicated December 2021
    Cristina ·
    • Flag

I live in Vero Beach, FL, I am planning to get married 12/2021. We have not booked our venue as of yet--- but visited Twisted Oaks Farm. https://www.twistedoakfarmvb.com/ Ann Cotton the owner knows a lot of people and gets great pricing. I am not sure if a barn is your style but worth checking out. The price might be just right and Vero (beachside) is very pretty to stay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics