Veronica
Devoted May 2020

Floral budget?

Veronica, on June 1, 2019 at 10:01 AM Posted in Planning 0 47
Saved Save
Holy cow florals are sooo expensive what is everyone spending on florals? I don’t even want the whole works and it’s still so expensive I’m in Northern CA and keep getting quoted for $4,000 and above I just can’t seen to swallow that price

47 Comments

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Oh wow.. That is a LOT. We have a small floral budget and are buying them at one farm in bulk for $300 and putting them together at another farm for a couple hundred more. We aren't doing anything extravagant though.. Just the bouquets, centerpieces, bouts etc. I know you guys have Trader Joe's out there.. I've heard of people getting them in bulk there and putting them together.. Just an idea Smiley smile Or maybe there are some farms that could do arrangements around you? If you're up for the challenge, there are also sites like bloominous or fifty flowers that send you all the flowers with instructions on putting them together.
  • Christina
    Dedicated July 2019
    Christina ·
    • Flag
    I was quoted for a little over $200 for my bouquet, bridesmaids (7), flower girls and toss. I got boutonnières and corsages from hobby lobby
  • Rebecca
    Dedicated December 2018
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    I spent about $400-$500 at most for all my flowers. Centerpieces, bridesmaids bouquets, my arch for ceremony which got transferred to the sweetheart table after the ceremony, my bouquet, boutonnieres, ceremony chair flowers and two side flowers bouquets for the alter and flower crown for my flower girl. I did buy them whole sale and didn't use expensive flowers and putting them together was all DIY luckily I had a close friend of my parents that did that arch one cause that saved us a ton. I used roses for my bouquet only, carnations, babys breath and greenery for everything else.
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    We are under $500 for our bouquets, boutonnières, and corsages. We aren’t doing any floral centerpieces. We went with a local grocery store that also did my sister’s wedding and was beautiful. I would check the local ones by your venue.
  • Jasmin
    Dedicated December 2019
    Jasmin ·
    • Flag
    We paid $290 for my bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquet, 3 boutonnières, and a toss bouquet
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2019
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    My best friend paid $5000. I almost died when I heard that. Another good friend paid $3800. I was quoted $2800 from one place, but settled on $1500. I actually went with a florist at County Market a chain grocery here in Illinois. She was super knowledgeable and no nonsense. We are getting 3 bridesmaids bouquets, my bouquet, 4 toss bouquets, 10 boutonnières, 2 alter pieces, 15 centerpieces and petals for the flower girls. I went in to talk to her yesterday and she was working on a wedding for today. It all looked beautiful.
  • Lizbeth
    Devoted May 2020
    Lizbeth ·
    • Flag
    This is why I didn't want flowers!!!! I decided to just go greenery (mostly fake) and get baby breath for accents at the guests tables (gladly we have around three tables only, small small wedding hehehehe) and I found that Sam's club have them for cheap and have sorted real greenery in almost the same priceSo there we go! Around $100 in just real greenery and the baby breath !
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal Online ·
    • Flag

We're in So Cal, and by shopping around, daughter found huge price differences. She found a fabulous florist who was just starting out who did everything she wanted and more for about $1000 less than her next lowest estimate (less than $1800 overall). I think she initially found her on either the WW or Knot vendor tabs and searched specifically for someone on the lower cost end of the spectrum. We loved her so much and her work was gorgeous. My suggestion is keep looking! Smiley heart

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Also check thumbtack.com. you can enter your zip code to see what's in your area for florists and gather quotes fairly quickly

Floral budget? 1
  • Jessica
    Beginner April 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I went on amazon and ordered silk flowers and the look amazing. I am making my own bouquets and I’m going to order the boutonnieres. I think my total cost of flowers is $200. And that’s with buying what I need to make a bouquet. I got enough flowers to make six bouquets and centerpieces.
  • M
    Dedicated August 2019
    Madison ·
    • Flag

Holy smokes, that's a lot of money!

I would take a look at the book Bridal Bargains for some tips.

Some other things you can do is use fake flower petals for the flower girls (if you have any), have your bridesmaids hold a single flower, make diy centerpieces, etc.

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal Online ·
    • Flag

Also, depending on where you live, check with your local grocery store's floral department. We have a relative in upstate New York who got her's from Wegman's a higher-end grocery store there and they were GORGEOUS, probably some of the most beautiful wedding flowers I've ever seen, and said they were SO much cheaper than any other potential vendor she talked with.

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I’m in Monterey, CA and paid $7k.
  • Mrsblair
    Dedicated May 2019
    Mrsblair ·
    • Flag
    $1500 through Bouqs. Granted, they just sent the flowers. We assembled everything ourselves which took many hours but we saved thousands of dollars and the flowers looked great
  • Kelsey
    Dedicated August 2019
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    This is why I went with silk flowers. For four boutonnières, two bridesmaid bouquets, and my bridal bouquet I spent $78. For my centerpiece flowers I spent around $42. Everything looks real until you touch them!
  • Michelle
    Devoted August 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Oh hell no...
    try fiftyflowers.com
    i ordered flowers from them.. because a lady on here told me about it.. also a friend of mine ordered flowers and they were beautiful check it out
    I ordered my flowers for this up coming August
  • Iva
    Super September 2019
    Iva ·
    • Flag
    We’re in NYC & getting the same absurd quotes 😆 Honestly it’s a rip off, because of a crazy wedding markup (and our wedding is on the smaller size to begin with). Plus we’re paying premium in our areas (NY & CA are crazy in general lol).
    I personally have an issue with flowers dying the day after (I’ve always disliked cut flowers) 🙁 FH & I both LOVE orchids, so we’ll have potted orchids centerpieces. We’ll get them from Wholefoods & I’ll make nice glass vases with pebbles to just pop them right in. After the wedding, I get to keep them all & enjoy them for months, which I’m super excited about 🤗
    I’ll also make smaller geometric centerpieces, like the ones attached, with high quality, real touch faux flowers from Amazon & Etsy.
    For bouquets & boutonnieres, my FSIL who is a florist will make them!

Floral budget? 2

Floral budget? 3

Floral budget? 4
  • Alycia
    Super July 2020
    Alycia ·
    • Flag
    I’m So Cal. I’m paying a total of about $300 for my bouquet, bm’s bouquets, boutonnières, and centerpieces. I went on amazon for velvet roses and silk greenery, and to Joann’s during a 70% off sales for rest.
    Give DIY a try. If you get the high quality faux flowers no one can tell the difference. Everyone is shocked when I tell them mine aren’t real. After the wedding I’ll get to keep my bouquet and his boutonnière forever. ❤️
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Wow that is a lot.
    Another thing you could do is maybe use some flowers in your centerpieces but not all. Like I ended up going to flowers to maybe some flowers to no flowers for centerpieces. However when I was thinking of some flowers it was like maybe some petals or a couple of flowers floating in water. Or a single large flower in sand, etc. You could even just have one single large flower in a thin vase or something.
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Thankfully, I'm a floral designer and will be doing my own. I've always wanted fresh flowers, but don't want the stress of making them last minute.

So I'll be using silk. Can't wait to get startedSmiley smile
    I'm decorating the ceremony site and the reception. As well as all boquets, wristlets, bouts, chair decorations, Arbor etc...I'm guessing at cost I'll spend about 700$-1000k which, with labor would end up as about $1,500 to $2000 for the consumer.
    My fiancee would never go for that😱
    Weddings are expensive, but can also be labor intensive.
    Good luck! Hope you find something more cost friendly for your wedding.

Comment on this discussion