Sam
Master August 2024

First comes love, then comes...?

Sam, on November 19, 2018 at 2:05 PM Posted in Family and Relationships 0 67
Saved Save

Every relationship is different! For some couples, first came love and then came marriage! For others, first came love, then came children, buying a house, adopting a four-legged friend (or two or three), then marriage! For you, first came love and then came ____?

What’s your love story?

First comes love, then comes...? 1

Photo by Amelya Jayne Photography, LLC. in Chapel Hill NC

We love learning about you and your significant other! Come tell us more about the two of you in these community conversations: You or Your Fiance(e)? Round 2! , How are you handling the holidays as a couple?, and How have you changed while dating your significant other?

67 Comments

• Nisa
    Super March 2019
    Nisa ·

First came love, and then came moving in together, and then came adopting our kitten (who is still technically a kitten but definitely, definitely fat cat sized)! We are hoping that a house comes next in our story!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Annisa! That's so great! I bet you were so happy to adopt your cat together! Pets are the best!

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·

First came love, then moving in together, then just bought our first house and move in next week, and will be married in May of 2019. We both have a son each from previous relationships who are both 7.. but hoping to try for a baby after we get married Also thinking of getting a puppy after we move into our house. We have two cats, but those were already mine.. and he's not a cat person LOL so we are wanting a dog to add to the family.

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

First came love, then buying a house together, then adopting a dog, then marriage! We have been very careful to save the "then comes babies" for after the marriage lol! Preferably after "then comes buying a second house"!

• Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    Love then a lot of drama then starting over then living together for a year then moving across the country then marriage. Hoping to buy a house and have a baby in the next two years or so
  • Lizzy
    Super October 2019
    Lizzy ·
    I bought our house six months before I met him, he moved in six months after we met. We adopted our dog about six months after that. We broke timing with waiting longer for the engagement but will be married on the year from the engagement and will wait a year to start trying for kids. A picture of our fur baby 😄

First comes love, then comes...? 2
  • PurdyAikey
    Super January 2019
    PurdyAikey ·

First Came Love then came puppy then came a house-y with a yard to play in! <_ I tried really hard to make this the right syllables

(then came another puppy and a joint vehicle and then marriage)

Puppy #1
    First comes love, then comes...? 3

Puppy #2 (with Puppy #1)First comes love, then comes...? 4

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·

First came love, but before that, H bought a house! After love came the engagement, then officially moving in together, then buying a car together, then marriage! Next in the story: kids are still a couple chapters (aka years) away, and so is buying a new house We're just going to enjoy traveling and being married for a while!

• Nicole
    Expert November 2018
    Nicole ·

First came love, then marriage, now we're finally living together, and considering a puppy in the next year or two!

• Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·

2014 - moving in to his apartment

2015 - getting our own rental house & adopting a second dog

2016 - buying a house - get engaged - loose job - get new job (all in 1 month)

2016-2018 - rescuing 12 kittens (still have 4 to get rid of)

2017 - buy 2 new cars

2019 - marriage

2020 - sell house

2021 - move to Washington (hopefully)

2021/2022 - maybe a child

• Victoria
    Super May 2019
    Victoria ·
    First came love, then we moved in together, got engaged, had a baby, and now we’re planning our wedding 😁
  • M
    Expert November 2019
    Mrs! ·
    First game love, then came living together, and now comes marriage!
  • T
    Dedicated March 2020
    Tamsin ·
    Love, bought a house, dog and now marriage. The plan is to try for a child within a year of marriage
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

First came love, then came puppy, then came chickens, then came buying a house together, then came marriage!

• SB
    VIP March 2019
    SB ·

First came love, then came moving in together, furbaby, engagement and impatiently waiting for the wedding!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Lizzy! Your fur baby is oh so adorable!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hi SB! This is the same timeline that my future spouse and I are on! Our furbaby is the next step!

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Victoria! That's so exciting! Thank you for sharing!

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·

First came love (2015), engagement (2017), then a home (July 2018), adopting a cat (Sept 2018), marriage (Oct 2018) and now a baby in July

• Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    View Quoted Comment

Wow, this is such an in-depth timeline! I am glad to hear you were able to achieve so many milestones in your relationship so far, with many more to come!

Comment on this discussion