Angel
Dedicated August 2021

Final decision

Angel, on April 17, 2020 at 11:45 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 15
Saved
We made the final decision to postpone our wedding until June 12th 21. Truth be told I am pretty sad about this but I honestly don't feel like things are going to be normal by August things my open back up but I have a feeling it can get shut down again at any time oh, so I am looking at the pros and cons definitely we can take a little bit more time to plan and more time to pay I am still so excited about it but I was only down to five months to go and now I have to start all that over. We do agree that it is the best decision but I am still so sad especially looking at all the other Brides that's getting married to somewhere still

15 Comments

Latest activity by Danielle, on May 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM
  • Cameron
    Savvy July 2020
    Cameron ·
    • Flag
    We made the call today too after hearing what our governor had to say about reopening. I feel crushed. And I’m dreading telling people because I don’t want a million sympathy texts and calls because that will just make it worse.
    I will be thinking of you in the months to come and I really truly hope that your new date becomes the wonderful wedding day you have dreamt of!! 💜
  • Angel
    Dedicated August 2021
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh thank you so much sweetheart that's the wishes to you as well. Yes this totally sucks and I'm praying by 2021 they have this under control and it's not even a thought no more luckily I haven't had no Bridal or bachelorette party or anything like that I'm just going to do everything spring of 21
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry that you're going through this! My fiancé and were also supposed to get married this August and just made the call today to postpone to 2021 after finding out that our venue has decided to close until 2021. I know how crushing it feels and can resonate with everything you described. You are definitely not alone. I hope your new date ends up being even more special than your original date would have been. June 12, 2021 has a really nice ring to it!

• Amy
    WeddingWire Administrator August 2013
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Hi Angel,

I'm so sorry that you're having to postpone your wedding. That's a super difficult decision to make. Has moving your wedding to next year relieved some of your stress/anxiety?

Also, as you may have already seen, WeddingWire has created resources for navigating the planning and postponement process: Our COVID-19 Weddings Advice Guide, including:

- You’ve Decided to Postpone Your Wedding. Now What?

- “My Wedding Was Postponed Due to Covid-19, but Now I Get a ‘Do-Over’”

I hope you've found (or will soon find) some peace in your decision. I'm wishing you the best of luck for next year! Smiley heart

• T
    Devoted August 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    This is an unfortunate time. My wedding is August. I haven’t moved anything yet. I’m waiting to see. If it’s like masks on guests then I’m moving it. I will not have wedding pictures with masks on. How much things cost I want things to be up to my standards. (Which are quite high)

You moving your day is better. I know it’s hard but think about all the positives of moving it. People will come (with this virus people may avoid coming even if your venue of course doesn’t cancel), get to enjoy your day to the fullest, etc. that’s just the way it has to be looked at. I tell people this and I can’t even accept it for myself 😅
  • Christine
    Dedicated June 2021
    Christine ·
    • Flag

We JUST postponed as well, today, for our June 20th wedding. I've been engaged for 18 months now and to add 13-1/2 more just KILLS ME. I'm trying really hard not to cry. We also just adopted a dog, so he literally just ran in here and said hello, like he could tell I was sad. Big sigh. I feel you.

• Adrianna
    Dedicated June 2020
    Adrianna ·
    • Flag

Girl, I feel you! My original wedding date was June 20, and my venue let me pick an alternative date of August 7. I knew June wasn't going to happen, and the August date just didn't sit right with me because I felt forced into picking any available date. Not to mention, I still haven't have my bridal shower or bachelorette. I've been playing different scenarios since mid March (I'm in Los Angeles), and I have finally had time to process everything logically rather than emotionally. After talking it out with family, some BMs, and even brides here on wedding wire, I have decided to reschedule for 2021 which is something I originally did NOT want to do. I am hoping for the same date June 20, 2021 (which is a Sunday and cheaper, hey girl!), just waiting for my venue to confirm. BUT, I feel REALLY good about this decision. It will allow my fiancé and I to buy a house this year, and keeping saving money for our wedding which I think will be bigger and better than ever! I hope you find a silver lining throughout all this!

• Karen
    Savvy May 2021
    Karen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am in the same boat. Fiance and I still have not decided what to do as our date is set for Oct.23rd. Wehave talked about moving it to either April or May 2021. I have not yet reached out to the venue though recently. Last time i spoke with her in March she said we can def.pospone. I did not ask about any additional fees if that was the case (i am in the IE). I dont want to stress but this is stressing lol

• Angel
    Dedicated August 2021
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl I had to to much uncertainty I'm even scared about 21 still I'm praying
  • Pia
    Super May 2021
    Pia ·
    • Flag

Hi Angel!

I can so relate with you. Our wedding was set for October , but once we made the decision to move to May 2021 I really feel at ease. Were in our 50's therefore our guest are in the age range of 50+ and older which with everything that is being said and another wave in the fall, the stress and anxiety is not worth it to me.

• Pia
    Super May 2021
    Pia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Cameron,

Please tell your family & guest as soon as you are able. Trust me they will understand your plight and you wont be overwhelmed. They are probably hoping that you do postponed so they wont have to tell you they are not able to attend. Once we made our decision to change to next year we notified our guest through wedtext and through the emailing system through the Knot. In all I think I may have gotten 5 -10 people who reached out, and from that count 2 called and the others sent a text. We have a count of 150-165 guest. Trust me they get in and they know how difficult it was for you to do.Feel better and stay safe. You have an AMAZING wedding to finish planning and celebrating with your folks.

• Pia
    Super May 2021
    Pia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I so LOVE the positive energy!!! Congrats on looking into purchasing a new home next year. We are looking at the same. Congratulations.

• Angel
    Dedicated August 2021
    Angel ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am so glad to hear that I know it still sucks but I do feel a lot more at ease as well with moving to 21 but I feel like this virus is going to be around for a while but like you said I'm not going to hold it off until it's completely gone but I do feel a little bit more better wet postponing it for another year good luck see you sweetie and thank you for keeping me updated
  • Pia
    Super May 2021
    Pia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good Morning!
    Yes it really dies suck but we ALL MUST press on and try to remain positive. Everything is uncertain and as humans we tend to try and take the reign on things that we should trust and leave in Gods hands. ( no disrespect to those of non denomination) . I continue to pray over my WeddingWire bridal family and everyone. Please continue to stay safe as best you can and continue to comfort those near and dear
  • Danielle
    Expert November 2020
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Sorry had to post pone but glad you are doing what you feel is best.

here is to hoping things will be better soon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics