Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Beginner April 2022

Favors for a Second Wedding Reception?

Katelyn, on June 7, 2022 at 2:23 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 13
Hi all! My husband and I got married in April and threw an 80-person ceremony and reception which went great! We’re having a reception in July with about 110 guests who were not invited to the one where we live (which is mostly our parents cousins and friends) and are deciding whether or not to do favors. Our favors for the April wedding were “hotel bags” filled with water and snacks since nearly everyone came from out of town, and they went over super well.

Since the event in July is just a reception for the April wedding, should we feel the need to give favors? Everyone attending the reception lives in-town so the hotel bags wouldn’t make sense. We don’t want to come off as cheap, especially since the guests are more on the ‘bougey’ side, but would giving a cheap-to-make favors like chocolate dipped pretzel rods with a thank you card be better than nothing? Or should it not matter since we already had the ceremony and first reception?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on June 7, 2022 at 7:58 PM
  • Imani
    Rockstar July 2022
    Imani ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Hi Katelyn! Ehh, I’d say skip them especially if you already have them something in April. I know in other forums similar to yours it’s said to not do them as favors get left behind. Something small as pretzels would be fine, but if you don’t want to incur an extra expense I’d say don’t have them. We’re doing bubbles since our wedding is in July and I got these labels made that says ‘love is in the air’ - something simple.
  • Mrs.evans
    Rockstar October 2022
    Mrs.evans ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Well since you are having a reception next month I think you should give a favor just something simple that you that they will use. And since they weren't apart of the first ceremony and reception that they know that you were thanking them for coming to your reception.
  • Mrs.evans
    Rockstar October 2022
    Mrs.evans ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    And Congratulations on your marriage blessing and happiness
  • Katelyn
    Beginner April 2022
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the advice and bubbles will be so cute!
  • Imani
    Rockstar July 2022
    Imani ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! and they were inexpensive too
  • Katelyn
    Beginner April 2022
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah it’s hard to think of things people will use without breaking the bank but we’ll try, and thank you!!
  • Mrs.evans
    Rockstar October 2022
    Mrs.evans ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    You welcome but no edibles they can eat those at the reception. But it can be something that they will use without breaking the bank like you said. I know that you will find some good luck
  • W
    VIP September 2020
    Willow ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Favors are never required, regardless of whether you already had the ceremony. If you do provide favors, people seem to overwhelmingly prefer edible favors. As a guest, I'd prefer that you spend the extra money on better catering than an individual trinket
  • PermaGrin
    Devoted June 2022
    PermaGrin ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I do like edible favors - I am doing a cookie bag but not having a dessert table - only cake Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Favors are always optional. Even with edibles, many will be left behind. Save your money for food/bar/dj that guests will remember and appreciate.
  • Paige
    Rockstar October 2022
    Paige ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

If you want to do favors, you certainly can, but don't feel like you have to. Favors often get left behind, broken in transit, etc., which is why a lot of people don't bother with them. If you choose to do them, don't spend a lot of money or time on them. People expect to be fed, drink, meet up with friends and family, and enjoy themselves; they're not expecting to receive a party favor. Personally, we're skipping favors and putting that money into good food and a good DJ.

• Sarah
    Super September 2022
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Favors for a Second Wedding Reception? 1
    Favors for a Second Wedding Reception? 2
    We our getting chocolates from our favorite local candy shop .. and then getting cute little boxes to put them in and they will already be at everyone’s places when they sit down! Then I made these little tags that I’ll put on them as well ☺️

• Sarah
    Super September 2022
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We are ***

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics