Michelle
Rockstar October 2022

Favorite Wedding Cake Flavors?

Michelle, on April 7, 2021 at 5:56 PM

Posted in Wedding Reception 33

What were your favorites at your tastings or weddings attended in the past? What are you planning to go with?

What were your favorites at your tastings or weddings attended in the past? What are you planning to go with?

33 Comments

• Ivory
    Dedicated August 2024
    Ivory ·
    • Flag
    Sadly, the only wedding cake I have ever had was one I REALLY did not like (I can't stomach coconut) but cake and frosting flavors that sound delicious to me are chocolate frosting with yellow cake, chocolate cake with whipped cream (my parents did that for their wedding and I almost wish I was alive back then so I could try it!), all buttercream frosting flavors, funfetti, yellow or chocolate cake with fresh strawberries (bonus if they're dipped in chocolate!), chocolate cake with nutella filling,
    Vanilla cake and frosting with Sugar flowers, any sort of creamy filling, really.
  • E
    Expert July 2023
    Eniale ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I would imagine a chocolate cake with creme de menthe filling could be done, maybe? I see Andes mints in cookies and cupcakes all the time!

And now I want to go buy some Andes mints... heck!

• Fred
    Expert April 2022
    Fred ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. Yep chocolate with creme de menthe is a great option and I wanna keep it in mind as an option#2 . I really want to find a baker that offer mint as a "main" flavor for our bottom or middle tier but I'm open to your idea, a mint/creme de menthe filling would make me happy.
    Ohhhhhh Andes mint!! It's something I could eat in unlimited quantities.
  • E
    Expert July 2023
    Eniale ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I wonder if you could bring a recipe to a baker?

I found this: https://jensfavoritecookies.com/2014/08/04/mint-cake/

I can't attest to how it tastes (and you could omit the green color if you wanted) but I saw this and I had to come back and share it with you.

• Fred
    Expert April 2022
    Fred ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wow you're awesome!

I Don't know if a baker would accept a recipe from someone else, I keep my fingers crossed.

However, the great news is: I did some research last night, I found these:

Favorite Wedding Cake Flavors? 1

Favorite Wedding Cake Flavors? 2

Favorite Wedding Cake Flavors? 3

• Richaelyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Richaelyn ·
    • Flag
    At our cake tasting, the cake was moist & fluffy, basically perfect so we booked her that day lol. Our wedding cake will be 3 tiers and each tier will be a different flavor. Bottom layer is snickerdoodle cake with cinnamon buttercream (our fave), middle layer will be lemon cake with strawberry filling & buttercream and the top layer will be strawberry cake with pink champagne buttercream. Gives our guests plenty of options. Our wedding is in the summer so we went for more light and fruity flavors.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Everything sounds delicious! Chocolate Andes Mint and Strawberry sound wonderful.

I attended a wedding that served banana cake from the local grocery store and no one touched it. So it really depends on the crowd.
  • Chelsea
    Expert June 2021
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

Since we're getting married in summer, we're going for light, fruity flavors!

We'll have one layer of traditional "wedding cake" flavor, a layer of lemon, and a layer of raspberry!

Lemon is my favorite flavor EVER. However, I went to a fall wedding where there was a Vanilla Latte flavored cake — that was phenomenal.

• Samantha
    Rockstar October 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    These sound so good!!!
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lemon is mine too! We’re doing a mix of cupcakes from the Philipino bakery nearby for the guests but I NEED a lemon cutting cake. I’ll eat it all myself if no one else wants it LOL
  • Richaelyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Richaelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. They really are. Can’t wait to have them again
  • Kristen
    Devoted October 2021
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

We're having a cake that is yellow and fudge marble, with a vanilla buttercream and hazelnut French custard between the layers. When it comes to other wedding cakes, I tend to gravitate toward white or yellow. White cake is my favorite. At my cousin's wedding eight years ago, she and her husband did half white, half red velvet. Not a combination I would have gone with, but I was open when it was my turn at the cake table. Well, they were out of white slices, so I decided to take red velvet instead. The cake had fondant icing, which I absolutely hate. It was there that I confirmed that the only frosting that should ever be on red velvet cake is cream cheese.

• Grace
    Rockstar February 2022
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    Our favorite bakery makes a cake called a Princess Cake which is coated in thin rolled marzipan, with vanilla sponge cake and Bavarian cream layers. (Traditionally the marzipan is green and there is a layer of fruit jam inside but we are skipping both of those.)

We both love chocolate but that is not an option for people with severe nut allergies. We are having hot cocoa for the chocolate lovers instead!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics