Kelly
Legend October 2022

Faux Pas or Nah: Bringing a large gift to the wedding?

Kelly, on February 26, 2019 at 11:05 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 57
Saved Save

How do you feel about bringing a large gift with you to the wedding? Do you think it’s annoying and just another thing the couple has to worry about at the end of the night? Or are you on the side of “at least I brought a gift!”?

Faux pas or nah?

Faux Pas or Nah: Bringing a large gift to the wedding? 1

Photo by Megan Clouse Photography in ME

Next Question: Faux Pas or Nah: Taking pictures during the ceremony?

Back to the Beginning: Faux Pas or Nah?

57 Comments

• LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    • Flag

If people complain about the type of gift they are given, then they are the problem, not the gift.

Nah.

• Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag

I have read some discussions on gift giving at weddings. I personally have never seen a gift at a wedding. I never even thought to bring anything other than cash/check.

• Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·
    • Flag

NAH?? Unless maybe if it was a destination wedding like the bride and groom will have to fly

• Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

Nah. I'd be surprised to get a physical gift at our wedding (cash is significantly more common), but I wouldn't consider it a faux pas.

• Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

I personally never gift anything but cash or check, but if someone decided to bring a large gift to a wedding, what's the harm?

• Kiki
    Super May 2019
    Kiki ·
    • Flag

Faux pas, Who is expected to transport this gift from the venue? Bride and Groom have enough to worry about.

• JustKidding
    VIP April 2018
    JustKidding ·
    • Flag

Nah.

Might be a pain to get it home, but you should be thankful someone was so kind to give a gift.

• Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

Nah. At the end of the day it's not the end of the world. Either myself or my parents would graciously load the gift and take it to my house, or theirs for the time being. I've only been to a few weddings where there were gifts on the table.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Nah! B&G should be grateful for any type of gift they receive.

• Rachel
    Super May 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

If someone brings a gift, there should be zero complaining about what type it is. A gift is a loving gesture that someone took time out of their day to get for you.

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

I would prefer it got sent to my house, but I'm not going to complain about gifts.

• Nikita
    VIP April 2019
    Nikita ·
    • Flag

I really don't think it's a faux pas. I do think it can get confusing/difficult depending on if there's transport, etc., for the gift. But not really a big deal.

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    Nah. A little annoying yes, but I would be thankful for any gift!
  • Jen
    Super May 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

Nah. It's not that hard to grab an extra box/gift when you grab your card box at the end of the night. Be thankful for all the gifts you receive.

• Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Nah unless the bride and groom would have to get on a plane with it or it was too big to fit an an average size car.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    I might be a little stressed about how to fit it in the car for the road trip home but I wouldnt be mad about it.
  • Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    I can understand destination weddings where it might be tough to bring back things, but other than that, it should be fine
  • Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree! I would just be happy that someone was kind enough to give me a gift!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Totally agree! I feel like it's something that if it happens, you can figure out a way to transport it!

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

Better than no gift

Comment on this discussion