J
Just Said Yes August 2018

Father/daughter Dance

Jessica, on July 9, 2018 at 9:32 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 12
Saved Save
I need suggestions if father/daughter dance songs. Looking for r&b songs. Something other than Daddy-Beyoncé, Your Joy-Chrisette Michele, or Dance with my Father-Luther. Please help.

12 Comments

• Lauren
    Dedicated August 2018
    Lauren ·
    My dad and I chose My Wish by Rascal flats. We chose it because the lyrics are exactly everything I have heard him tell me all my life.
    When you decide, I hope it means something to both of you. Good luck!
  • JuneBride2018
    Devoted June 2018
    JuneBride2018 ·
    My dad and I danced to My Girl by the temptations. I chose it because he gave me a card for my birthday one year and when I opened it that song played. I cried. It was only right to dance to that same song.
  • H
    Expert July 2019
    Hannah ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I wanted to do that too cause my dad used to sing it all the time! But we are doing both our parent dances at the same time so that won't work
  • T
    Dedicated September 2018
    Tiffini ·
    Not R&B but listen to It Won’t Be Like This for Long by Darius Rucker. Or The Color Pink by Walker McGuire. They are more county but very sweet for father/daughter dances!
  • E
    Dedicated August 2018
    Elizabeth ·
    My Little Girl by Tim McGraw is a good one, but I dont think O know any R&B
  • M
    Dedicated October 2018
    M.T. ·
    Following for the same song issue
  • M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·

I'm dancing with my dad to isn't she lovely by Stevie Wonder.

• M
    Savvy May 2020
    Marrying Mr. Wonderful ·
    I had the same issue as I love those songs but didn’t want the cliche’ Father-Daughter song. I happened to hear the song “If It Wasn’t For Your Love” by Heather Headley a couple of years ago and think it fits perfectly, especially if you’re doing both parent dances at the same time. It’s so beautiful, I plan to use it.

Hope me this helps a little!
  • J
    Jessica ·
    Thank you all. I’m going to look up all songs listed and try to pick something
  • A
    Savvy May 2020
    Atiya ·
    I'll Be There by The Jackson 5
    Be Ever Wonderful by Earth, Wind & Fire
    Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye
    Hero by Mariah Carey
    Shining Star by The Manhattans
    Just The 2 Of Us by Will Smith
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·

Hi Jessica! Which song did you end up incorporating for your father/daughter dance? I would love to know!

Also, most importantly, congrats on your recent marriage!! If you'd like, please share pics from your big day in our Married Life Section!

• J
    Jessica ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Hello all, I tried to come up with or use one of the songs listed but it didn’t fit my dad’s Personality. I ended up using “One Love” by Bob Marley. Totally different from what I was going for but my dad was pleasantly surprised and he loved it.

Comment on this discussion