I’ve posted about this in the spring but now that summer is upon us and doesn’t look like Covid is going anywhere, has any fall brides already postponed their wedding? I’ve had my BMs wait on ordering their dresses before we make our decision but i feel like it’s crunch time now. We’re 4 months away. - what are y’all doing?
No, i think the virus will still be here next year. I’m not waiting until 2022. I’m ready to get it over with at this point. We have several safety precautions in place similar to what the person above me has posted. We are getting married 10/24/2020.
No problem! Just an idea, there are a ton of sticker templates on Etsy for the Bath and Body pocketbacs which are always on sale and a lot cheaper than what the stores are charging for their limited stock, plus you can get a lot more at once (in my area theres a limit of 10 per visit and so far I have 20)
What we're kinda doing for our food so the server doesn't actually touch any food:
Our rescheduled date is November 28 (from tomorrow 😭). We’ve decided that if restrictions haven’t changed by the end of September (no receptions allowed here in CA), we’ll be eloping with an anniversary party next year.
View Quoted Comment
Ugh girl SAME! We postponed from May 9, to Sept 25th, now to a new venue in another state for Sept 19th. He’s a firefighter, I’m a funeral director, we’ve been working through all this and know exactly the precautions we need to take. I can’t wait any longer & I just want to have the fun, even if it’s half the size, and start enjoying being married! Everyone who is comfortable and wants to be there will be there and we understand that people have the right to make their own decision not to come!
Our date is October 9th and we have not rescheduled as of yet! Getting nervous though lol our venue said we can only have 100 guests with no dance floor and no bar so immediately I said postpone! But they said it might change so as of now we are staying as is! We are already having 2 receptions in 2 different states, rescheduling isn't something we want to do so we are just praying everything will workout!
Fall bride from Long Island - I just postponed today from 12/5/2020 to 12/11/2021. I postponed because my venue said currently they are only allowed 50 guests inside or out, no dance floor, no mingling, mask wearing the entire time, etc., and as of now they are planning on these restrictions going all the way through to the end of 2020. Thankfully they are allowing all brides through 2020 to postpone with no penalty. I decide to just pull the trigger and postpone now rather than wait because I know my venue and other vendors were booking up quick and I wanted to make sure I got a Saturday for next year. I believe there will be some sort of treatment next year - whether it be a vaccine or preventative drugs (they are saying they expect to have two preventative drugs available early 2021 so that gives me hope) - and things will be better than how they currently are. Trust me, I never thought I would postpone and it was a very tough decision with many many tears but I'm happy with the decision I made. But no matter what you decide to do it will out work out and your wedding day will be beautiful!
We’re still planning on having ours as originally planned. 60 people total. If the state still requires masks for indoor spaces in November, then we will make sure that everyone is aware of that. Honestly I’m not going to worry about canceling or postponing until the end of August/beginning of September. But I am keeping an eye on the situation in all the locations where our guests are coming from.
I am waiting till end of August as well and mine is Nov 14. Mine is outside and I am in hot spot right now in Arizona. it has been a wild ride of people cancelling RSVPs recently but I will deal with it.
We finally rescheduled our reception from 9/19/20 to 9/25/21. It was a hard decision but with cases rising in CA, we didn't want water down our vision with restrictions. So we're now doing a 1year anniversary celebration. We're still moving forward with our DW in Jamaica
We just moved ours, which is on October 9th. My Fiance and I are active duty military and did not have the option to postpone a year with our jobs. We originally had a venue in North Carolina but are now getting married in our backyard in Maryland. The venue was just asking for too many deposits and making them nonrefundable for me to continue. Did not want to continue pouring money in something with a huge question mark on it. Already took a hit moving it now.
We are still getting married on our original date of 10/17/20, but postponed the reception a year to the date, to be celebrated as a vow renewal instead. Hoping to keep our honeymoon as originally planned this year. For the ceremony this year we’re still having it at the venue (they offered to do the ceremony for free) and we added on a small cocktail party for the attendees. It’ll be about 25 people, casual dress, very informal pandemic wedding. Then for the renewal I’ll wear the dress, do the whole walk down the aisle etc. And invite our 130 people we originally intended to. We had already had our save the dates ordered, so we wrote a note to the guests on the back explaining the decision, and used a metallic sharpie to change the 0 in ‘20 to ‘21.
Sept 4th 8 wks away and we are pushing forward!! We will provide masks and little hand sanitizers. To be honest our wedding is mostly family and we have all been around each other through our this pandemic at some point