Madelin
Devoted November 2020

Enhancer as a wedding band

Madelin, on September 15, 2020 at 11:10 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 20
Saved
Hello everyone!

Yesterday I purchased an enhancer for my ring, but now I'm starting to feel a little insecure. I LOVE the enhancer and I think it makes my ring look stunning, but I guess I'm just worried because I don't know of many people that use enhancers as wedding bands. Is it normal? Please share pictures and any and all advice 😊
Note: The enhancer in the picture was not sized to my ring. I should receive them both on Friday. Enhancer as a wedding band 1
Enhancer as a wedding band 2

20 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on September 22, 2020 at 7:19 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Everyone I know who has an enhancer, uses it as their wedding band. I've never seen someone with an enhancer and a band.

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    I think the enhancer looks beautiful with your ring! There is nothing that says you cannot use that as your wedding ring. I think the main reason people choose not use enhancers as their “wedding band” is that they typically cannot be worn alone without looking odd - so it removes the option for you to ever just wear the wedding band without the engagement ring. Is yours one piece? Or are there two separate rings (One above your engagement ring and one below it)? If there are two separate enhancers, you could definitely wear one of them alone as a wedding band if you didn’t want to wear your engagement ring. If it is one piece though, you wouldn’t be able to do that. However, if you plan to always wear your engagement ring, then that won’t even be a problem! Or, you could always purchase a plain band to wear in case you didn’t want to wear the full set.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I think that's fine to use it as your wedding band

• Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Chrysta!
    It is all one piece. I never knew people wore their band without the engagement ring. I am learning a lot as I go, and the wedding is exactly 2 months away.
    But if anything, I would consider a silicon band or just not wear it at all. Thank you so much for the info!
  • Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol the reason I want an enhancer is because I am extra. But, an enhancer and a band... that's too extra for me
  • Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haha! I totally get it... I am “super extra” also 😆 I am actually having a custom enhancer made, plus I will also be getting a wedding band!
  • Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Do your THANG!
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful enhancer. I will have one too. Here's with and without.
    Enhancer as a wedding band 3
    Enhancer as a wedding band 4

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

I think that everyone I know with an enhancer uses it as their wedding band.

• Meagan
    Beginner December 2020
    Meagan ·
    • Flag

I'm sorry I don't have a pic to provide but we got enhancers for my ring and it really sets it off. My ring was already unique to begin given that it isn't a diamond but a 3-stone ring w/ my birthstone (garnet) as the center stone and my FH birthstone (aquamarine) as the two sidestones. I love it!

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

I will have an enhancer for my wedding band. You choose the band / enhancer that you like / love and looks best with your ring. I'll have a single band to use when we do 'activities' but otherwise, I plan to wear my set all the time.

• A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I used to work in a jewelry store. Enhancers are meant to be wedding bands! They’re not necessarily super common, but being unique isn’t a bad thing, either.
  • Andrea
    Dedicated May 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    My engagement ring came as a set with a wedding band (it was on sale and they wouldn't sell me just the engagement ring by itself). I had the main stone changed from a round to a marquise so it doesn't really look right when worn together. I'm planning to use the wedding band during the ceremony and to wear by itself if I want something less flashy or maybe for traveling. I'm planning to wear the enhancer with my engagement ring after the ceremony.

Enhancer as a wedding band 5Enhancer as a wedding band 6
    Enhancer as a wedding band 7
    Enhancer as a wedding band 8

• Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Oh my goodness I love it!! Ultimately I want an enhancer for my ring as well but I didn't realize it would have to be made specific for my ring (or at least that's what two different jewlers told me). This is so unique looking and I love it so much!
  • Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! What kind of ring do you have? I went to the jewelry store and told them that that was the enhancer I wanted. They are resizing it and I'm supposed to receive it soon. I didn't know people had to get specific ones. If anything, it will make your ring unique.
  • Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is gorgeous! It looks like the enhancer was made for your ring!
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Mine is a pear with a halo and a very thin band. They said because of the halo it will be hard to find on that fits flush around it. I love the enhancer look though. I might settle of a stackable with the end goal as an enhancer. Here is what I am looking for. My band is a single think row of diamonds though so I think that might factor in with why it won't fit flush around the halo too. P.s. my ring is dirty and too big and needs to be rhodium plated so it looks a bit rough right now. LolEnhancer as a wedding band 9

Enhancer as a wedding band 10

• Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You have a beautiful ring! Many companies are advertising that people can make their own ring. Maybe they can also do an enhancer? Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck. Also, I just got my ring cleaned and rhodium plated and it looks like a new ring.
  • Samantha
    Savvy November 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow I didn't know that. And thank you beautiful! I wish you all the best as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics