Skip to main content
Tanya
Savvy August 2021

Dress change at the reception?

Tanya, on July 14, 2020 at 8:53 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 59
Saved
Hey Beautiful Brides to Be, is anyone deciding on a dress/outfit change for their reception? My FH hasn’t seen my dress but has suggested that I change into a comfortable outfit for the reception. What are you gals doing?

59 Comments

Latest activity by Tanya, on November 4, 2020 at 6:35 AM
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I had purchased a dress to change into but was enjoying my time so much and wearing my dress that I decided not to. If your dress isn’t comfortable then you might want something more comfortable for the reception.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I haven't thought about changing into anything for the reception but if I do decide to do that, I won't do it until after our first dance.

• Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag
    I didn't change. I wanted to stay in my dress as long as possible. I need to wear it again someday!

Dress change at the reception? 1Dress change at the reception? 2

Dress change at the reception? 3

• Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    I was hoping to have a back up reception dress. Preferably a short more fun dress that I can take it to the floor with
  • Tanya
    Savvy August 2021
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    See that’s what I’m afraid of, planning a dress change and it never happens. I’m in love with the dress I picked and hadn’t thought about a dress change until he bought it up.
  • Virginia
    Super June 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag
    My gown is a trumpet and super fitted! I plan to change into another dress after cocktail hour.
  • Tanya
    Savvy August 2021
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I wasn’t going to change until after dinner but before the cake cutting. Not sure it will be time for all of that. Since I’m having an afternoon wedding maybe I can buy an outfit for after the reception since it will still be early
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I plan to wear my dress the entire night. I absolutely love it and this will be the only time I get to wear it. If your dress isn't comfortable or if you have two dresses you are torn between, wearing one dress for the ceremony and then changing dresses for the reception isn't a bad idea!
  • Tanya
    Savvy August 2021
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I was thinking to change into a pantsuit like this oneDress change at the reception? 4

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love my dress so much though, I doubt I'll even want to try and change. Like you said, there might not even be time to do it. Are you doing anything after the reception??

• Carnysha
    Dedicated July 2020
    Carnysha ·
    • Flag
    My dress has where i could zip off the train into a mini dress.
  • Tanya
    Savvy August 2021
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly and to leave the room and make another entrance seems like too much. As of right now, we don’t have any plans. Wedding is not until Aug of 2021 so plans could change. But I think I’ll be too exhausted to do anything but enjoy my husband 😆
  • Tanya
    Savvy August 2021
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My dress is a ball gown.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    A comfortable outfit makes sense ! I didn’t change cause I was lazy ahaha but I think it’s a really good idea cause it would be a dress easier to move in
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

LOL yes! I say don't even worry about the change.

• Tanya
    Savvy August 2021
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol understood
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We’re having a morning wedding and I was thinking after the reception we would both change into custom t-shirts since we’ll be going hiking and up to an adventure park. I say definitely plan an outfit for after the formal activities and celebrate all day!
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Not until recently postponing did I even think of getting a second dress. I planned to wear mine the whole night. But I’ve had it since May 2019 and now the wedding isn’t until October 2021. So, almost as a “postponement present”, I’m considering a second dress that I would change into after dinner and right before open dancing.
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ouu yeah I like that!
  • Tanya
    Savvy August 2021
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Great idea! I hadn’t even thought about an outfit after the festivities. Thanks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics