Skip to main content
Amanda
Savvy October 2020

diy Decor and Parent Favors!

Amanda, on July 22, 2020 at 9:16 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 7
Saved

So, in the midst of all the COVID uncertainty and the emotional roller coaster it is causing, I thought I would share some more of my DIY decor that I've been working on. I have found that continuing to focus on the things I can control, i.e. decorations, has helped mitigate my stress over the impact of everything I cannot. So, to bring a bright spot, here is our sweetheart centerpiece "B" for my future last name, one of the etched champagne flutes that we will gift to our parents, our centerpiece prototypes, and MY BOUQUET!! All the flowers are handmade from crepe paper or pages of Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. The flutes will each have the individual's favorite aquatic animal and our wedding date etched, for my FMIL it is a manatee, as we are hopefully getting married at an aquarium. The bouquet is my favorite part. My best friend traveled from another state for a weekend to work on it with me. It is a (cheap) replica of Anduril, from the Lord of the Rings, that my dad helped me dremmel the blade off of. The first Christmas I lived with my fiance he gave me a stunning gold detailed replica of the sword, so this is a nod to that moment in our relationship. Everything in our wedding is being curated to reflect important moments or elements in our relationship, and even though I know it may not be the wedding we've envisioned over the last two years of planning--I will still get to marry the man of my dreams, someone who I have fallen more in love with every day of the last five years. I'm still excited, despite whatever may happen to the venue and guest list.

diy Decor and Parent Favors! 1

diy Decor and Parent Favors! 2

diy Decor and Parent Favors! 3

diy Decor and Parent Favors! 4

diy Decor and Parent Favors! 5

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Nice job! I love all of the personal touches. Best wishes (former) date twin. I’m still rooting for all of the 10/10/20 brides! 🤞🏽🥳
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    These all look so good ! Great job
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Oh my gosh Amanda - these are all incredible!! I love all the special and unique touches - from using pages from Lord Of The Rings & Harry Potter books to make paper flowers, the personalized flutes, and that really cool bouquet!

All awesome ideas that you executed really well!! 🙌

• Lisa
    Super October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

Everything looks great! Where did you get the lavender stems?

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Everything is stunning!
  • Krystyna
    Dedicated October 2021
    Krystyna ·
    • Flag

This is awesome, great job!! Smiley laugh

• Amanda
    Savvy October 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The lavender came from JoAnn fabric when they had their 70% off floral sale! Smiley smile That, the baby's breath (dollar store), and the Scottish thistle (Amazon) are purchased flowers cause I am not that talented! haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics