Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leslie
Devoted December 2022

Disappointing wedding pics

Leslie, on January 24, 2023 at 11:28 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Soooo disappointed by wedding pictures. Just got them back after waiting almost 2 months for them (none are edited yet, still raw) but the poses he made us do I don’t like at all. Any advice on what to do?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on January 25, 2023 at 12:21 AM
  • Mrs.evans
    Rockstar October 2022
    Mrs.evans ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We are disappointed with ours too some are real dark than others and some that are missing. Some friends and family took some pics and recorded our first dance video. Our cake cutting part we are trying to get them reedited the best way they can. No wedding photo to hang yet I'm very saddened
  • Mrs.evans
    Rockstar October 2022
    Mrs.evans ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Ask them what is taken so long and look over the contract to see if you will become free of charge or a lawyer my have to get involved
  • Michael
    Rockstar October 2023
    Michael ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear these don't look good enough based on the raw images.

Are there ways to crop the images or blur parts out that would at least give you acceptable pictures from that day? You possibly could photocopy them and mark them as might make them ok. Another thought. Could some deeper editing maybe move you into improved positions in the pictures?

The other option is to take some new pictures in your wedding clothes.

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Sorry to hear that your photos didn't turn out the way you hoped! Does this apply to the majority of the photos (ceremony, family portraits, reception, etc)? Or just a specific set of photos (just the portraits of you and your spouse, etc)?

In any case, I would first wait until you get the edited photos back before you mention anything to your photographer. You might find that you like the edited versions of the photos. Once you do get the edited photos back, if it's a specific set of photos you don't like that can easily be retaken, maybe consider asking if your photographer would be willing to retake just that set? If the photographer agrees to retake them, be sure to tell him specifically what you didn't like about the poses (to avoid having a repeat issue), and also send some examples of poses that you do like. Did you do engagement photos with this photographer?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics