MrsND
Master November 2016

Did anyone not get a wedding band?

MrsND, on April 16, 2015 at 4:43 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 23
Saved

For those of you who didn't get a wedding band, I'm just curious as to why? Would it be weird if I didn't get one?

My engagement ring has a lot of details on the sides and band, I'm almost thinking I didn't want to get a band because I haven't found anything I like.

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on April 17, 2015 at 2:00 PM
  • C
    Super March 2016
    ChelsM ·
    • Flag

^Watching, my ring is a funky shape and I'm not sure if it's worth getting custom designed. Will be interested to see what people think.

• FutureMrsWalton
    VIP August 2015
    FutureMrsWalton ·
    • Flag

I will be and it actually surprises me to see how many people on here aren't! I couldn't imagine not wearing a wedding band because that is more important to me than the engagement ring. I don't have details on the side of my ring though and the diamond sits high enough that i can wear a normal band. I may think differently if I was in your situation!

• R
    Devoted August 2015
    R ·
    • Flag

I'm not. I like the looks of my ring by itself better and I also feel like one ring is enough, I don't need two

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master June 2025
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

FCIL did this, but her engagement ring was vintage and already had a band attached to it

• SLE to SLG
    Dedicated August 2015
    SLE to SLG ·
    • Flag

My engagement ring is very small and simple (think promise ring), and while I love it, we couldn't find anything that we liked to go with it for a band. We purchased an "engagement ring" for my wedding ring that I will wear alone on my left hand, and move my engagement ring to my right hand.

ETA pictures.

• MrsND
    Master November 2016
    MrsND ·
    • Flag

Forgot to post the picture

• MrsM.
    VIP April 2015
    MrsM. ·
    • Flag

My mom just got remarried lat year and she didn't get one. she has a thick band and high cathedral setting she couldnt find anything she liked so she just wears the engagement ring

• Finally Mrs. Crowell
    Super March 2015
    Finally Mrs. Crowell ·
    • Flag

I didn't get one in time for the actual wedding... it honestly wasn't that big of a deal to me. My engagement ring has a split shank and kind of looks like 2 bands to begin with. H used a family jeweler in CA and we live in FL for my E ring, and nothing I tried on locally looked right, so we decided he'll just have the jeweler custom match a new band to my setting for our 1 year anniversary. It didn't phase me at all on our wedding day - he just put my E ring back on

• AthenaKay
    Master June 2015
    AthenaKay ·
    • Flag

I'm considering not getting one as well for the same exact reasons as you. It has a vintage look and I love the detailing on the side and I don't want to cover it up.

• Futuremrs.
    Expert August 2015
    Futuremrs. ·
    • Flag

I don't think I'm getting one. There is a lot of detail and is a vintage ring. I have tried on a few and have not liked any. I don't want to buy something I don't like.

• Kimberly
    VIP August 2016
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

I have been married 5 years and only have one ring. It's always just been my wedding ring, I never called it an e-ring because I knew I wasn't getting another one. The detail on the side is just too pretty to hide. People usually do assume I'm just engaged but I politely correct them and no harm.

• Heather S
    Expert October 2016
    Heather S ·
    • Flag

I don't really have a comment about band vs no band but your ring is gorgeous!

• Ms.FutureFord
    Devoted October 2016
    Ms.FutureFord ·
    • Flag

I will be getting a wedding band my ering has some detail on the side of the center diamond but the band we picked matches pretty well.

ETA: pics

• Ms.FutureFord
    Devoted October 2016
    Ms.FutureFord ·
    • Flag

Sorry im on mobile and it wont let me upload pics :/ this is my ring

• Ms.FutureFord
    Devoted October 2016
    Ms.FutureFord ·
    • Flag

The band we decided on

• Erica and Brian
    VIP June 2015
    Erica and Brian ·
    • Flag

A friend of mine has this beautiful custom ring that's some sort of blue stone (not sapphire) but she decided not to get a wedding band. Just didn't feel it was necessary. He just put her engagement ring back on her during the ceremony.

• vintagelove
    Dedicated May 2016
    vintagelove ·
    • Flag

My FH actually said the other night about getting me a whole new ring/set I told him no a simple band is fine with me to go with my e-ring. I don't wear jewelry that often so I don't want anything over powering.

• Breanna
    VIP June 2015
    Breanna ·
    • Flag

If my e ring hadn't come with a matching band I wouldn't get one. I love my e ring and I'm so clumsy and I always break or lose things I'm constantly terrified I'm gonna lose my ring. I'll probably get them fused together.

• Andwedanced
    Devoted September 2015
    Andwedanced ·
    • Flag

My ring is the same. More vintage looking and detail on the sides. FH picked out the setting and the diamond was his great-grandmother's. I can't find any band that wouldn't cover up part of it but he said that he talked to the jeweler and the jeweler said that he can make something that won't cover it up. So we'll see what he has in mind but if I don't like it then I'm not getting one. I would talk to a jeweler if you really want a band and see what they could do.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2015
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

My ring is shaped really weird, and I'm not sure I care enough about a band to go through the time and expense of having one custom made. I definitely won't have one in time for the wedding, regardless. I would like to get a simpler band I can wear alone sometimes. I love my e-ring, but it sits high and gets caught on everything.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics