Jenny
Just Said Yes January 2020

Day of Coordinator a yes or a no?

Jenny, on August 22, 2019 at 2:39 PM Posted in Planning 3 35
Saved Save

Hi everyone!

Would you guys suggest a day of coordinator? what are the average prices for day of coordinators? what are the responsibilities for the day of coordinator?

35 Comments

• Sara
    VIP October 2019
    Sara ·

I'd 100% recommend it if you can fit it in your budget. We ended up booking our coordinator for month-of services, so in a few weeks she'll completely take over everything including contacting vendors, confirming payments, finalizing our schedules, etc. Her rate was $1,200 for that, and we got 10% off because I met her at a bridal show. Day of responsibilities include coordinating all the vendors as they arrive, setting up and tearing down all our décor that we're not renting, keeping us on schedule during the ceremony and reception, and serving as a point of contact other than myself or FH. Our DOC gave us access to planning software that's been great, and makes it easy for her to see exactly where we are in the process. We've had monthly emails/phone calls (in addition to any random questions I send her) and have started monthly in person meetings three months before the wedding. She's doing a ton for us, but the best part for me is knowing that someone trustworthy who knows what she's doing will be there the day of to keep everything running smoothly and do the things that I want done but don't want to do myself or pawn off onto friends/family.

• E
    Savvy July 2019
    Erin ·

I truly CANNOT recommend getting a Day of Coordinator enough!! We had a situation that could have been a complete and total disaster (like ruined day, no photos, possible small claims court) and our day of was a complete rock star! There were still a few small issues and things, but having her there to put out that fire and manage everything allowed me to be in the moment and truly enjoy the day! She took the lead so that I didn't have to worry and stress which I am so grateful for.

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

Ours was a lifesaver, the day would not have been easy without her. She charged $1,000.

• Laura
    Expert September 2019
    Laura ·

I would definitely recommend getting a day of coordinator! I wasn't sure if we'd hire one, but having her there to assist us during these last few days before our wedding has been so helpful and a huge weight off my shoulders! Every DOC is different, but ours officially started working with us a month before the wedding and she will be the main contact with our vendors. I feel less stressed knowing she'll be at our wedding to make sure everything goes smoothly. We're paying $1,200 for our DOC.

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online ·
    I would for sure get one if it’s in your budget. Our wedding is still 3 months away and ours has already been a lifesaver. I’m sure pricing depends on your area and their services, but we are paying $1300 for our DOC and her two assistants. She will be there for setup through tear down. She’ll put out all of our decor, reach out to vendors the week before the wedding, coordinate vendors and guests the day of, be the point of contact, keep us on our timeline, and do all of the clean up.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    I am all for it if you have the money for it. But if you dont it's ok to skip. I've seen the average price be $100 an hour in my area
  • Chrystan
    Dedicated October 2019
    Chrystan ·
    Mine was $1400 and it was the smartest purchase. She’s sent me monthly to do lists and thinks of everything. She set up a timeline and will coordinate with vendors. She makes sure everything is in the right spot and even pins on the boutonnières . Highly recommend!
  • Amber
    VIP May 2020
    Amber Online ·

I used to think getting a day-of-coordinator was kinda silly unless you were having a massive wedding. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't want my family members to be stuck running the whole thing (meeting with vendors as they arrive, set up and clean up, keeping us on track timewise). I found a very affordable one who does weddings as a part-time thing for only $400. Also, day-of-coordinator usually doesn't just mean on your wedding day. My DOC is going to be working with me for about two months before the wedding. Definitely recommend getting one if you can!

• Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·

YES. Hiring my DOC was the single best decision I made while planning and she was worth every penny, my husband and I didn't have to do a single thing besides relax and enjoy ourselves on our wedding day. If you don't have the budget, honestly, I would consider cutting other stuff to afford one. I paid $800 not including a tip for mine, but others in my area were in the $1500-3000 range.

• Alisha
    Expert August 2020
    Alisha ·

I have a DOC for my wedding at the venue. It came with my package. They will help out alot in setting everything up at the venue. But I do not have a DOC before that point though. It is good to have one all day or part of the day so that your wedding can go smoothly.

• J
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jaime ·

I hired one not that long ago and while my wedding isn't until next year, I am super excited! I am so relieved knowing she is going to take over and that final month I can relax and let her handle things. No need to worry about anything on the wedding day - it will be bliss! I'm not even having that complicated of a wedding but I thinks she will be well worth it.

• Paulette
    Devoted April 2020
    Paulette ·
    View Quoted Comment

Great question!! I do have one that comes with the venue. I also have a friend that will be working along side the venue coordinator and I will give her a love token. Just to show my appreciation. I don't want to have to worry about anything that day!

• Bella
    Savvy October 2020
    Bella Online ·
    I am kind of on the fence and was wondering the same thing. I am going to see if it can fit into my budget.
  • Alisha
    Expert August 2020
    Alisha ·

Great Idea! It is good to have someone help you out on your big day. Extra hands are always helpful.

• Nadine
    Dedicated September 2019
    Nadine ·

Yes! I'm having a coordinator since my ceremony is offsite and she will be setting everything up for the reception so I won't be running around trying to get everything done.

• Charlotte
    Dedicated August 2019
    Charlotte ·

If you’re a basket case like me, I’d say do it!! 😂 Mine was so phenomenal and a total renaissance woman! She decorated, made our wedding cake, the flowers, made sure everything was on time and in orderly fashion. Even made sure I ate during the reception!! We paid her $1000 but it was well worth it!

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·

I would 100% suggest it if you have it in the budget. I wish I had the room in the budget for one.

• Dynesha
    Dedicated June 2020
    Dynesha ·
    We are paying $700 for day of coordinator because our wedding party is so small. We’re not getting married until next June, but she gave us a checklist and the freedom to communicate when we have questions. I think it will be worth it; my FH is useless when it comes to details and effective planning/time management. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding and was semi-forced to be the day of coordinator (and bumped as a bridesmaid) so I’d HATE to put that pressure on a family or friends. I’m looking forward to being less stressed and can focus on celebrating.
  • C
    Expert January 2020
    Cassie ·
    If you can afford it, I was quoted $1500 and just can’t fit that in my budget.
  • D
    Savvy September 2019
    Davis ·
    Everyone's Information is so very helpful. I haven’t heard on bad experience with a DOC

Comment on this discussion