We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Sarah
Expert August 2020

Covid wedding! Starting to feel real!

Sarah, on June 30, 2020 at 11:03 AM Posted in Community Conversations 1 9
Saved Save
We had to postpone our 6/27 wedding until 8/2. Our numbers in Maryland are still trending in a positive direction and though our celebration may have a few changes it is finally starting to feel real! I met with my day of coordinator and the venue manager today, I had my hair trial yesterday. My bridal shower and bachelorette are finally happening next weekend! We are about to meet with the priest marrying us and we have it set up to livestream the wedding due to social distancing limitations (at an already small church). Though the increasing numbers in other states have me nervous, I am finally excited about wedding planning again! How are your Covid wedding plans going?

9 Comments

• Tara
    Devoted August 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Hey there! We are 8/22 in Ohio. It’s starting to feel real as well. I am just finishing up final touches. Had my bridal shower last weekend and it was amazing ❤️ I have so many mixed feelings ha. I’m excited, nervous, anxious. Trying not to panic because I know everything will be just fine. Good luck to you and Congrats!
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

That is so exciting ! your special day will be here soon

• Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen Online ·
    • Flag

Florida is crazy and I am double checking with all my vendors for back up plans in case lock down happens ha ha ha. Even for an intimate ceremony with under 10 people total. That is exciting. I am just glad everything is confirmed. I hate getting my trial a bit in July as I am excited for it but then I am coming straight home because I am limiting going out since cases have risen. I still have back up plans just in case esp if restaurants close down. I am hoping things will be ok in November but who knows at this point ha ha.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Yay!! I’m so glad it’s finally started to feel real and you’re getting excited again!! ❤️

• E
    Devoted August 2020
    Elle ·
    • Flag

8/29 in southeastern PA. Our numbers have been declining, although a few upticks, no major spikes. I'm feeling hopeful. Good luck to you!

• Tara
    Devoted August 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Question. What are you guys doing for your rehearsal dinner? I just found out that our restaurant may no longer be able to accommodate our group due to group size restrictions. And we were going to do a buffet because it’s cheaper, but that’s out of the question now. I’m debating on if I should cancel and just have it at home or what? Maybe order some pizza and call it a night.
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Our restaurant has us in a private room (that includes private bathroom) so they are willing to Accomodate us. We are doing a limited menu rather than buffet however, we will do a buffet for wedding we just have to have servers serve the food onto plates
  • Tara
    Devoted August 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah we are doing a wedding buffet as well! Maybe we need a new restaurant. I tried to talk to them about it but all I got was “we MIGHT be able to accommodate you, but will contact you in a few weeks.” A few weeks? My weddings in 48 days 😂
  • Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag

8/1 here, so getting close!!! I am getting super nervous that I am forgetting stuff already. Just working to get final details done. Happy you are getting excited again! Are you having a full reception?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles