We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Olivia
Just Said Yes October 2021

covid Wedding Planning

Olivia, on July 3, 2020 at 4:48 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved Save
Question: How do you plan with COVID? I try to stay positive and hope that things will be better by fall of next year, yet I want to be prepared and plan for the possibility of it still be around.

15 Comments

• L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    A lot of things can change between now and next fall! Definitely continue planning for your current date, but maybe check with your vendors and venue whether they would let you postpone next year if COVID isn't improved by your wedding date. Maybe also hold off for now on adding your wedding date to anything (favors, guest book, etc) just in case. But still keep planning and making progress!
  • Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    I would probably hold off on designing save the dates. Depending on what happens you may have to trim down your guest list. Like PP said, a ton can happen in over a year with this pandemic. I would continue planning as normal and carefully reading your contracts. Our photographer now has a COVID clause in hers.
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much, Lisa! That's awesome advise. I'll probably hold off on the dates on everything and continue to keep pushing forward and stay positive!

• Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, Reena! I didn't know that people were having COVID clause. I'm just starting out, got engaged a week ago, but COVID has been on the brain. Especially with the guest and how many to invite. However, the advise is greatly appreciated and written down!

• Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re welcome and congratulations! Enjoy the planning.
  • L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Definitely stay positive! Your wedding is an event to look forward to! Also, as a previous comment suggested, if you haven't booked vendors yet, I recommend booking vendors who would be willing to let you postpone with no penalty due to COVID, so be sure to ask that question when talking with vendors. But definitely go dress shopping, look at venues/vendors, and keep moving forward. Good luck and happy planning!!
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

You plan as much as you can and also realize, that you may need to adjust in future. You also pray, cross finger, do whatever you can and sweat it out waiting. Do not print anything with a date until very last minute

• Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Okay! I will definitely keep those questions in mind and make sure I ask. Thank you again, Lisa! Happy Planning to you too!!!

• Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I plan on doing all things for a good outcome haha!! But thats good advise to wait on the date on printed items. Thank you, Leslie!

• A
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is next fall, and this is a conversation I’ve been having with all of my vendors. Ensure that there is wording in your contract that backs up what you’ve been told verbally. Otherwise, it won’t matter much later on.
    I’ve also been booking all of our important vendors as soon as we find one we like. They’re booking up quickly for next year due to so many people from 2020 having to postpone. I didn’t want to risk losing the perfect people and wanted our date solidified. We already have our venue, photographer, and DJ. Our photographer is already nearly completely booked for summer 2021 and booking fast for fall. I’m so glad we didn’t wait to contact her, so if there are vendors you love, book them when you can!
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04 ·
    • Flag

Since your wedding isn't until October 2021 love I say plan all the way as you would normally doSmiley smile you chances of having your wedding without many changes so far are a lot higher than those getting married this year and early next year as we are entering this pandemic unaware of how that will impact the weddings. you have a little over a year to plan. Any changes you might be making wouldn't really need to worry you until next june/july tbh.

• Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg thank you! I didn’t think of places booking up fast due to 2020 brides postponing to 2021. I need to get on it now then.
  • Olivia
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much! I’ll keep planning and enjoying this as I go.
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your welcome ! 🤗💐
  • A
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s basically double the amount of weddings for some vendors! We discussed what was most important to us and contacted vendors based on priority. Definitely set a budget first if you haven’t already and go from there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles