We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Juanest & Tiffany
Beginner December 2020

covid Wedding Planning ❣️ How has it affected your big day?

Juanest & Tiffany, on August 14, 2020 at 3:46 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save
tenor.gif
COVID-19 any suggestions❣️ Very small budget 🤑

16 Comments

Latest activity by Laurissa, on September 1, 2020 at 5:59 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    What is your estimated guest count? You could always do a backyard wedding or use a park, they usually don’t charge too much. You could have a “potluck” style dinner where maybe your family or someone you know can provide the food. Check around for student photographers to cut that cost as well
  • Niki
    Devoted August 2020
    Niki ·
    • Flag
    We originally planned to have around 175 guests for our wedding. Then .... COVID. Now we’ve decided to have a very small, intimate wedding with about 20 guests. I actually prefer a smaller wedding bc we are struggling with fertility issues & it seems much more practical to use that $ towards a baby rather than a huge wedding with people that our parents wanted to invite. (Sorta kidding!) We’ve already had to postpone our May wedding to August 23rd so why try & force it? Our closest family & friends will be there and I get to marry my best friend so nothing else really matters to me.
    I wish you all the best!!!!
  • Juanest & Tiffany
    Beginner December 2020
    Juanest & Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh I already have everything planned out it’s a small wedding at my fiancé‘s family church in the in the country a rustic theme Everything you said we just had to make a few arrangements here in there due to this pandemic smaller guest list smaller venue smaller menu bigger wallet though
  • Juanest & Tiffany
    Beginner December 2020
    Juanest & Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I definitely prefer a small wedding also we were looking at 300 people before definitely a big difference but you’re right i am just ready to marry my soulmate
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh your post said Covid 19 suggestions I took it as you were asking for suggestions. I guess I interpreted it wrong!
  • Laquita
    Expert July 2021
    Laquita ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married next July, but covid already has us thinking "what if" and we've made plans just in case things change (but we're praying they don't). Another thing covid has done is it's made it harder (and tiresome) to shop, I haven't really been anywhere to really look at potential decorations like I want to.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    The pandemic affected our wedding in that, we postponed from October 2020 to October 2021.
  • Marisa
    Master October 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag
    We scaled down our already intimate ceremony from 30 guests to 5, postponing a larger celebration until next spring. We’re also having a commitment ceremony as FMIL may not be with us for our minimony.
  • Madison
    Beginner May 2021
    Madison ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are thinking of doing the same. Having a small ceremony and postponing reception to a later date. What are you planning on doing after your small ceremony? Thats where im stumped.
  • Marisa
    Master October 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We’re unsure. We weren’t planning on having a reception or dinner on account of COVID. But we may get some nice takeout or something afterwards.

• Juanest & Tiffany
    Beginner December 2020
    Juanest & Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I kinda was I’m still having my wedding as planned I’ve already had to make several changes. I’ve even thought of including the cute personalized mask 😷 in my favors lol
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that would be cute I never even thought of that!
  • Michelle
    Expert March 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We got married on our original date & postponed the party but not sure if it'll happen in November or not.
  • Juanest & Tiffany
    Beginner December 2020
    Juanest & Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have change locations, Menu,& date 🙏🏿I pray everything goes well
  • Juanest & Tiffany
    Beginner December 2020
    Juanest & Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I thought about 2021 but We don’t want to wait❣️
  • L
    Savvy August 2020
    Laurissa ·
    • Flag

Definitely do the livestream if you can! It can be done very cheaply and people really appreciate being able to watch "live". I had a bunch of people come up to me afterward and told me they cried while watching, which is very sweet. Plus, if you do it on Zoom you can record it for later (might need a Pro account for $15), so then you'll have a record of it even if you don't have a Videographer!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics