L
Savvy July 2021

Covid Concerns!!

Lauren, on April 1, 2020 at 11:12 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 7
Saved

My Wedding is July 11, and I (along with everyone else) suddenly have so much time on my hands...perfect for planning. But I am just not wanting to get too excited about planning little details thinking we might not have our big reception. I know its all out of my control, but how are other brides staying calm or moving on with their planning?

Just looking to talk with others who understand the feeling!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Gina, on April 8, 2020 at 11:15 PM
  • Ashley
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I definitely understand this feeling. My fiancé and I are expecting to get married June 12. I order the invitations a couple months ago during a sale, but now I have no energy to actually address them for mailing.
  • Chelsea
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

We're getting married the 18th and I've sent out invites with the RSVP date of May 18th. I suppose if the world is still in shambles from COVID by May 18th, then I'll be canceling the wedding and opting for a intimate backyard wedding with a few close family/friends. I declined to put down deposits on catering until we know what will be happening. We are planning a celebration when the dust settles later in the summer.

• Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

July 11 here as well. I think that we're too far out to get too concerned as of yet. We're still planning as normal and will be sending out our invites at the end of this month like we had planned on. The only thing I may add now is a little insert about watching the situation and letting people know if plans change, though I'm not sold on that yet. I think I'd start getting nervous if we're looking to be in the same boat come end of May/beginning of June.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    I think you should keep planning. If July works out, then you don't want to scramble at the last minute playing catch-up. And if it gets postponed, at least all of your planning will be out of the way. It’s a win-win situation!
  • A
    Savvy January 2023
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    July 12 NY here. Things here are changing daily. I've had vendors cancel already. Trying to find new ones with everything up in the air is very difficult. I feel like I'm frozen. I can't decide if I should keep going or just call it now. I'm not even excited about this anymore. Super stressed and just want to postpone indefinitely.
  • Breanna
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Breanna ·
    • Flag
    I'm getting married July 12. As of now, our wedding is still on. I would just continue to plan like I am doing. We still have a few months to go so a little far out still. I completely agree that things are changing daily. All of this could be getting better or even be gone by July (fingers crossed). The worst of this is suppose to hit this month and than supposvily start getting better. I think if you called it now you may have some regret later on if you found out things got better and you were able to have your wedding.
  • Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina ·
    • Flag

Hi Lauren,

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, and I know the uncertainty is super stressful! You are definitely not alone.

There are many resources on our website that may be helpful as you navigate the planning process. This is a great place to start: Our COVID-19 Weddings Advice Guide. You'll find articles like this one: What to Do About Your Wedding During the Coronavirus Pandemic.

And here's another discussion specifically about July 2020 Weddings! OsQM71bUJ0Qu4ly8UKJOrw-4MNRCjpvLo-YljRdj

First things first, I recommend that you call or email your venue and see how they're handling July events. Things are changing daily, so keeping the lines of communication open is important. That way, you can make decisions in a timely fashion.

Good luck! akxoU0fWxdmfE9sHUjjkYB-ICl1lHJDh_sCPQOky

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics