We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Just Said Yes August 2021

Covid and planning

Tina, on July 4, 2020 at 4:02 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 10
Saved Save

So our wedding is set for august 6th 2021 do yall think that maybe the covid going on i should probably go further out?


  • Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    If there is no rush, I probably would.
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Agreed. No one really knows of course. I heard that they should ñ (key word is should) have a vaccine maybe early 2021, but it’ll take time to roll out and even then they’re not sure how effective it’ll be. This is what I’ve ready from articles, I’m not a scientist so I don’t get that logic lol.
    • Reply
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Yeah it’s so hard to tell at this point like I wanna think aug 2021 is safe but I don’t know for sure so like pp said if you could push it further out then that might be better
    • Reply
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

    Our wedding is August 8, 2021 and I wonder the same thing all the time. As of now we're not moving it since our venue said we can reschedule it at any time with no additional fees, so we're waiting until the beginning of next year to make a decision.

    • Reply
  • L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    It's so hard to know what to do in this scenario. No one really knows what will happen in a year from now, though I would hope that things would at least start to feel a little more normal by then. If you aren't in a rush, waiting until 2022 isn't a bad idea! Otherwise, still plan for August 2021, but maybe come up with a backup plan with your venue and vendors just in case. Hoping everything works out and that 2021 is a much better year than 2020!
    • Reply
  • Trisha
    Super October 2020
    Trisha ·
    • Flag

    I Think Youll Be Fine By Then.

    • Reply
  • Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    Like others have said it’s so hard to know. I think it also depends on your guest size. If you want something larger waiting until 2022 might be better.
    • Reply
  • J
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    Jace ·
    • Flag

    I too hope this pandemic will come to pass next year, we planned our wedding date October 2021.

    • Reply
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

    It’s so impossible to predict, but you’ve given yourself a lot of time! If nothing else it gives you a lot of time to learn from other weddings happening in the next year!

    • Reply
  • Maria
    Dedicated August 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

    I don't think I would change anything. I would wait for January and if things aren't any better then I would consider moving it.

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇


Related articles