Anna & Cody
Just Said Yes October 2020

Covid-19... Stressy & Depressy

Anna & Cody, on March 25, 2020 at 1:37 PM Posted in Community Conversations 2 4

Our wedding is originally planned for May 16th.

Has anyone else decided on what to do about postponing that date?

They have closed all schools around here until May 15th...


Latest activity by Lynnie, on March 26, 2020 at 10:26 AM
  • A
    Just Said Yes November 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

    I decided to postpone my wedding that was orginally scheduled for May 16. I just don't want to risk anyone getting sick. Also when I reached out to all my vendors, they said new dates were filling in quickly since many brides were currently switching dates. So I decided to just postpone so that I could get a new date that worked with all my vendors!

    • Reply
  • Courtney
    Dedicated October 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

    I decided to postpone my May 30th wedding to July 18th. Luckily my venue had the date available and my vendors did too, except my photographer. We are going with someone else in the same company though.

    I wanted to postpone before sending my invites out so that it wouldn't cause a huge hassle with the RSVP's and so that my guests wouldn't be anxious and worried about attending. I am holding on to hope that this will be over by July. Fingers crossed!

    Good luck to you!!

    • Reply
  • Anna & Cody
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Anna & Cody ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    Thanks so much for your feedback Amanda!

    We have done the same thing. Our thoughts are to make the FINAL decision & announcement on April 1st.

    We did not want to risk loosing any of our vendors.

    MAY BRIDES!!! It doesn't hurt to go ahead and ask vendors about plan B dates... it honestly takes away a little bit of the stress of being in the UNKNOWN.

    My suggestion is asking your favorite vendor first what available dates they have open, then go from there. Send those dates to the next vendor and so on.... eventually it will be narrowed down.

    Our prayers are with everyone whose having to deal with these stressful decisions.

    • Reply
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

    So glad you've got the next steps in place Anna!! I know having any kind of plan is helpful right now!!

    With your wedding date right now the edge of the 8 week CDC guidelines and school closings etc., I'm sure it's extra hard to decide - but you definitely aren't alone right now! ❤️ Here are a few posts where you can connect with other 5/16 couples who have been sharing their Covid19 wedding concerns:

    May 16 brides---what Next Due to Coronavirus?

    Coronavirus (5/16/20 wedding date)

    May brides and your plan of action?

    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇


Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more


WeddingWire article topics