Hey 2020 brides, has anyone decided to still get married this year and postpone the big wedding celebration? If so, are you still doing a formal ceremony at your wedding? I’m not sure how to plan for this
Our wedding is in July and we have decided to postpone the big celebration. We are still deciding if later this year or next but as soon as the courthouse opens back up we will be doing a small ceremony with immediate family
Our wedding is supposed to be July 17 and while we haven't officially postponed yet, we do have a back up date ready to go with all our vendors on board. Our plan is to still get married on July 17 with immediate family and if it's not safe to have our celebration, we will will do it in December. We're going to wait until early May to make our final decision.
I was questioning the same thing. We e-filed for our marriage license. Our wedding date is 5/30/20. If we postpone, we will get married on our original date, and I think we will still do the “ceremony” on the rescheduled date
I'm sorry you're having to think about postponing your August wedding on top of planning your big day.
I agree with the recommendations above. While this is definitely an uncertain time, it seems like plenty of August couples are waiting to make postponement decisions. Of course, everyone's situation is different, so it never hurts to be proactive about plan B!
Our date is 6/28/20, which has special meaning to us. Since half of our guests are from NYC and abroad, we have decided to postpone until next July, even though we are in Wisconsin where the case numbers are relatively low. Since we really want to share our anniversary with my FH’s parents, and so I can get on his health insurance when I turn 26, we are still getting married on our original date. Since our bachelor/ette and bridal shower got canceled, and because our family members and bridal party still want to hold them for us, they will also be postponed until next year. We are planning on having a vow renewal next year, and basically enact the ceremony as we had planned originally, but everyone knows that we will be already married.
My wedding is scheduled for 11/28/2020 and we made the decision to move the reception to next April so that our families abroad and my bridesmaid in England can hopefully make it by then. However, we are still going to get married on the original weekend with a small group and have dinner. At the reception next year we will do exchange vows doing a lasso ceremony and a handfasting ceremony in lieu of the traditional vows so there will still be a ceremony aspect to the wedding.