Keah
Savvy October 2022

Couples getting married on October 15, 2022

Keah, on August 11, 2020 at 11:31 PM Posted in Planning 2 7
Saved
Hey everyone! I guess we are all "date twins." I wanted to know where you are at with your wedding planning, venues, location, dress shopping etc. With COVID putting a damper on everything, I don't know where to begin as many venues are not responding to me. I'm not sure if it's because the date is so far away, or no one is answering emails because they're temporarily closed. What have been your experiences so far?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Zakia, on July 31, 2021 at 3:38 AM
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Keah! Things are definitely still wacky right now so I'd give them lots of time to respond - but they should still respond to your inquires!

While you're waiting on your date twins, here are some other discussions where you can also connect with couples planning for 2022:

Am I planning too early?

Will 2022 be safe?

2022 Wedding - Should I start officially planning or wait?
    2022 Brides - What's your date and theme?

• Ashley
    Just Said Yes October 2022
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Hey! We sent our date in 2022 before COVID happened because we want to pay off loans and finish school. So far we only have a venue and we also made that decision preCOVID. We have still only talked to our venue and no other vendors because its almost under 2 years away. We never had an issue with venues not communicating with us due to how far the date is. Hope that helps you!
  • Samantha
    Rockstar October 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    We made the venue decision a couple of days ago. The one I talked to said 2021 was filling up fast - maybe they were full if it, who knows, but with so much going on, I would believe it.
    Making the decision took a LOT of worry off my mind.
    We picked 2022 because I don’t want to risk it being cancelled, etc. FH said if by then we are still under quarantine/lockdown...we’ll be doing a prepper wedding on a compound somewhere, so we may as well set the venue and date.
  • Rosemary
    Rosemary ·
    • Flag
    Hi date twins! I know this is an older post, but I was able to book our venue, photographer, and videographer in the last couple of months. I’m glad we did because many venues have said that even 2022 is almost already completely booked for them!
  • Agatha
    Agatha ·
    • Flag

HI there date twin!

I am about 90% planned. I only have to book my DJ, Bag piper (for the ceremony) and transportation. I also need a cake, Wedding dress and wedding rings.

Outside of that, I am all planned! My Fiancé is an event planner and he thought he would be planning the wedding 8 months out - now he is glad I booked everything because otherwise we wouldn't have vendors! Smiley smile

• Keah
    Savvy October 2022
    Keah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my gosh! You're 90% done?!?! I have been stressing and freaking out because we don't have any vendors booked yet except our venue, and I have my dress. I've contacted vendors but I've been waiting on responses. My husband and I (we eloped, the two of us, during COVID because we weren't able to get a 2021 wedding up north near family), are basically planning a definition wedding. We are in Florida, but are originally from update NY and central PA. That is where our family is and where we were trying in 2021, but didn't work out hence the elopement. Anyway, it's been difficult because I feel like everything has been via email or phone, I haven't gotten to taste anything, meet with anyone, and it's putting a lot of trust in strangers. Especially hair and make up. I'm at a loss with a lot of stuff. Wondering if I should post a forum question and see what other have done?
  • Z
    Zakia ·
    • Flag

Same, no one has responded to me either. I've been sending emails and voicemails. No answer. I'm not sure how to feel at the moment.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics