Couples getting married on May 2, 2020

Daisy, on August 11, 2019 at 11:07 AM Posted in Planning 2 22
Saved Save

Who is ahead of their planning game? I cant be the only one lol

22 Comments

• L
    Just Said Yes September 2020
    LaToya

I am as well, 9.24.2020. We have a date and a possible venue. We will be touring it in September. We have a guest list, budget. I'm currently looking for someone who can do invitations and save the dates.

• Daisy
    Savvy May 2020
    Daisy
    View Quoted Comment
    Yay, that is so awesome that you are ahead of the game!it is just so exciting to cross things off our list 馃挆 best of luck to you!!!
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna

Hey there Daisy!

You鈥檙e definitely not the only one planning yet I鈥檓 sure your date twins are on the way!

You can connect with a ton of 2020 brides in this community discussion - Brides of 2020! Show us your ring!

What have you checked off the to-do list so far?

• M
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Marisa

Hi Daisy!

I am getting married on the same date in Punta Cana! Definitely in the midst of planning right now. I think i'm in good shape so far but i'm sure everything will all sneak up on me. All the best for your wedding planning

Marisa

• Daisy
    Savvy May 2020
    Daisy
    View Quoted Comment

That is awesome!! I bet you are excited the date will sneak up on us real quick, wish you the very best in wedding planning and dont forget to enjoy every step of the way

• Susan
    Dedicated May 2020
    Susan

I'm close! I'm getting married May 25, 2020. I can't start planning till next month because my job is seasonally busy, and I'm in the heat of the crazy time right now. But I have started working on centerpieces a tiny bit, and I got my dress.

• Melissa
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Melissa

I'm ahead of schedule! Got engaged 7/25/19 - wedding is 10/02/20, I have a venue, a date, and a photographer already and I haven't even had my engagement party yet! I also have my first appointment with a dress shop on September 28th. I can't stop! lol

• Daisy
    Savvy May 2020
    Daisy
    View Quoted Comment

That is awesome! At least you have your dress and are working on the centerpieces which in my opinion is so fun! best of luck to you and i hope its a joyful ride

• Daisy
    Savvy May 2020
    Daisy
    View Quoted Comment

OMG !! That is amazing, good for you girl, keep it up! I know wedding planning can be super fun so im glad you are ahead of the game! now you shouldn't be stressed as time gets close because you are doing so well Keep enjoying this and my best of luck to you

• Melissa
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Melissa
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you!!! I'm usually SUCH a procrastinator with everything but because I'm going to try to do a lot of DIY projects for the wedding I want to get as much done as possible right away lol. Plus I'm still at the fun part where everything is exciting and enjoyable. From what I've heard I'll cross a line where it goes from super fun to super stressful so I'm enjoying it while I still can! Lol

• Daisy
    Savvy May 2020
    Daisy
    View Quoted Comment

I totally understand you on the fun stage right now. once we are at the 2 month stage or so i think the stress will start to kick in, lots of meditating will come in handy forsure and getting stuff done early will be a big plus

• PrissiePants
    Dedicated May 2020
    PrissiePants

My wedding date is also May 2, 2020! I work in compensation so my busy season is end of December right into May. I am trying to get as much accomplished before the end of the year since I won't have as much time to dedicate to wedding planning. Plus it would be nice to coast the last few months. Probably won't happen, but a girl can dream!

• M
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Marisa
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg! I work in Compensation as well and we have the same wedding date! What a coincidence. I totally get this! I am trying to get as much stuff done now because I have the same busy season. Best of luck with all of your planning!
  • PrissiePants
    Dedicated May 2020
    PrissiePants
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow! Such a small world!! Good luck to you too! It鈥檚 a mad dash until we do a year鈥檚 worth of work in about 4 months!
  • J
    Beginner May 2020
    Jannie
    Im getting married the same day in Punta Cana 鉂わ笍 Right in the middle of the planning
  • Destiny
    Rockstar May 2020
    Destiny
    May 9 2020 here but i feel wayy behind! No venue no rentals no centerpiece mockups (fake flowers) I THINK. N now fh and i r having 2nd thoughts on our colors skeme which means the mason jars i decorated would be trashed. In going down there confused rabit hole maybe I'll see alice?
  • L
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Laura
    May 2 2020 here too! I thought I was ahead of the game, but feeling a bit stressed about dress shopping 馃槵
  • Andrea
    Devoted May 2020
    Andrea
    I鈥檓 pretty far ahead too, which is nice cause we鈥檝e had so much time to just relax and enjoy being engaged. 馃挆馃挆
  • Daisy
    Savvy May 2020
    Daisy
    View Quoted Comment
    Yay, that's the best part! To enjoy it all 馃挆馃挆
  • Ester
    Savvy May 2020
    Ester

Yay May 2,2020 In Northern, VA! Idk if I'm ahead but not stressing too much. Have my venue, photographer, videographer, color scheme, bridal party, dress, centerpieces, cake holder, and DJ set! Working on my save the dates.

Comment on this discussion