Wanted to check in on my fellow May 2, 2020 gals. Are you able to keep your date? Where are you getting married if you are? We are having to postpone our ceremony bc it was suppose to be on beach I. Fort Walton 😭
Hey ladies, the church has allowed us to have a very very small ceremony on May 2nd since we have our marriage license but, we’ve postponed our reception and will be doing a vow renewal/one year anniversary on May 8th 2021. What are your thoughts of still having a small ceremony (just the parents and siblings) for this year?
View Quoted Comment
I’m here in queens/long island boarder. Our church is allowing us to have a very small ceremony that day as we already have our marriage license. What are you deciding on doing? Not for nothing but, we’ve got to be the strongest brides out there for dealing with all this haha
View Quoted Comment
We are also thinking of doing the same thing. Since my fiance’s parents still need to fly overseas, we are thinking of holding a small church ceremony in August of this yr and the real wedding in april of next year.
Just Said Yes
Determination, perseverance, and forging ahead!!!!!
1st our venue canceled
2nd our DJ canceled
3rd our minister canceled
4th our caterer canceled
5th our photographer canceled
6th getting our marriage license was road blocked
7th our honeymoon in Florida put on hold (thanks desantis)
Today, less than 48 hours from now we will be married
1. we recovered our venue (at my sisters) 83 acres of land (plenty of distance socializing) LOL
2. we hired a new DJ that is willing to work with us. $$$$
3. Got a new minister who offered his services
4. I am cooking our food, pulled BBQ pork, pork ribs and the fixings
5. Our original video (Burris Productions) has stuck with us throughout, now they are also going to photograph, too
6. For some mysterious reason the clerks office opened up for us, we got our marriage license! YAY!!
7. I got us a cabin in Arkansas for our (secluded) short but sweet honeymoon until Florida opens up...
Yes, we started out with 65 folks attending now we're down to 39. But, we are having our outdoor wedding this Saturday at 4pm and then Sunday I am slipping her away for a 4 night stay.
It's been roadblock after roadblock and we questioned whether or not to go forth and all the time while we questioned it, we just kept forging ahead!