YES!!! We booked our Honeymoon for Italy and Greece... we had to cancel because the travel insurance doesn't cover "epidemics/pandemics"... Now we're struggling to get our $5500 back........ The company said we would get a refund 48-72 hrs later, and now they say it will take 6+ weeks. Our wedding is not until September, but now we don't know what to do. We will probably wait until July to see if we do a minimoon here in the US (which is not that much better either when it comes to the Coronavirus...), or just completely postpone it until after tax return next year...
I keep freaking out but have to remember we are still 6.5 months out, and there's time to figure it out.
We haven’t cancelled yet, but we are booked for Italy in June. If the virus is like any other seasonal thing, it may still be possible. If not we will postpone. Either way, I am optimistic. But if anyone turns into brain eating zombies, we might just cancel completely... MIGHT.
We are honeymooning in Italy, however... our honeymoon will actually take place over our 1 year anniversary (paying for a wedding and a honeymoon sure isn't cheap!) - so thank goodness our trip is delayed or we would have been completely out of luck with the whole country on lockdown. I am concerned as to whether travel next year will be exponentially more expensive to make up for all that they are losing now with no tourism. I'd already priced everything out, so if when the time comes to book and it's much more expensive - we may choose another location.
Our wedding is a destination wedding in New Orleans, and currently, there are several people holding off on RSVP/booking travel as they are scared. so it could affect our wedding as well.
Our wedding is May 2. We were having a hard time deciding on honeymoon and had not booked anything yet because of that. I am sort of glad we had a hard time deciding. As now with all the virus stuff and not knowing what will happen with travel in the near future, we stopped talking about it and waiting to make our plans when it calms back down and when we know we can enjoy our honeymoon without worrying about cancellations or getting sick. I am sorry for all those that already booked and it is affecting them in any way. It is not how anyone pictures their honeymoon.
For anyone traveling on a cruise ship for their honeymoon soon you should really try to postpone or cancel. The CDC and State Department have sent our advisories to not travel on a cruise ship until the coronavirus is handled
View Quoted Comment
Best wishes with that! We’re not getting married until October. But we were supposed to go on a cruise vacation with a group of friends this week. However, we canceled it. A bit bummed because it was going to be a lot of fun and I really wanted a relaxing break. But it just wasn’t worth it and I wouldn’t have been able to really feel relaxed. Thankfully, The cruise lines are understanding and we were able to postpone the trip without penalty to a future date. So we chose December instead... As a little vacay after the honeymoon.
Our honeymoon is in 12 days to Florida! As of now it’s still on and I won’t cancel unless the government makes me.
I’ve given up hope my brother and family will be able to make my wedding on Saturday. My brother runs a hospital in Boston and things are getting bad there. He’s also a teacher at Harvard and they have told students not to return after spring break. He’s told me it’s day to day about coming, I’m just not hopeful.
We are still planning on going to our honeymoon. Greece doesn't currently have any travel advisories from the Department of State. However, they do currently have approximately 80 people with Coronavirus. We are looking everyday to see the situation..it is extremely stressful. We have a Plan A, B, C, and D currently lol.
Yup. Very much Supposed to fly out 4/20 to Italy of all places, and everything is non-refundable. Trying to wait out to see if the airlines will cancel our flights before we do because then we'd at least get that money back. Very stressed - now I'm worried about the government cancelling my 4/19 wedding. It's been a non-stop state of anxiety over here for me the past two weeks. Someone tell me that's not going to happen lol
Yep....we decided to cancel and use the honeymoon instead as a gift to each other for our first wedding anniversary. Getting married in 2 weeks, so instead of risking/dealing with cancellations and potential closures, it's less stress to just reschedule.
View Quoted Comment
Yes we’re going May 10th! I think that if you take all the precautions it should be okay! If anything changes in the next month then we will cancel. It’s just hard to not go somewhere after having had it booked for a year! Plus I don’t think there’s been any cases out that way.
So far we haven’t cancelled anything, but we have flights and hotels for Rome Italy, Krakow Poland, and Budapest Hungary for the beginning of June. Hopefully it’s better by then, but I highly doubt it will be.
Yeah, we are in the same boat. I went to Italy last year and it was amazing, so Greece was a must for us. I can't imagine not going on my dream honeymoon . They currently have about 80 people infected but none of them are in the popular islands minus Zakynthos. I think we will be good though!
We leave for our honeymoon on 4/28. Hoping things calm down by then but I’m not TOO worried about it, we’re going to Hawaii. They’d did release a statement last night saying we have until 3/31 to change without fees if we feel the need to.