Out of curiosity, are you ladies postponing or cancelling your weddings? My fiancé and I were supposed to get married on April 18th, but three weeks ago we decided to move it to August 30th. Almost our entire guest list is able to make the new date (~120 people), but we’ll see when the time gets closer. I’m really hopeful about our new wedding date, and I’m praying every day that things start to improve as people comply with the new guidelines— I would be so happy to see some kind of normalcy by June. What are you ladies thinking about doing?
My wedding was supposed to be on April 14th, but the venue called and cancelled due to the worlds circumstance. Therefore, I postponed my wedding for April 14,2021. Which, I’m not too sad about because I have new ideas I would like to do such as having a beach wedding instead and a nicer venue lol
I guess you could say we've postponed. We were May 9th. Now we're just going to the courthouse whenever it re-opens (all non-essential businesses are closed in our state and ones nearby). We're not planning to do a vow renewal with guests later, though we did discuss it. We're ready to be married and don't feel like going through the stress of re-planning after all this. Instead we'll just do a celebration of our marriage later this summer or fall once things (hopefully) calm down
I’m a September 5th wedding! So worried... still summer but getting close to fall when they said there will be a second wave. I’m sick over this and not knowing what to do! I know so many people have weddings way sooner and I feel for them so much! If I feel this overwhelmed I can’t even imagine what they are going through. I just wish there was a way of knowing what to do right now!
View Quoted Comment
I’m in the same boat! Ours it 9/18/20... really concerned the new normal will still be with social distancing recommendations & second waves in certain areas. Thinking of pushing to 2021😏
We moved our May 24th wedding to July 25th. I’m so worried that it still won’t be doable. 😒 the not knowing is so tough. Our venue wouldn’t allow us to cancel, only change dates. We have a clause that says we can reschedule again within 2 weeks of the date. Great luck everyone!
Honestly I am not sure what to do. Our date is June 13,2020 and the pastor of our church said to give it to the end of April but honestly it seems to be getting worse and worse. Fall 2020 is no good as that’s the second wave and they say normal should happen around fall 2021 I’m so very upset. I can’t believe this is happening and I really don’t know what to do. It has to be the worst wedding experience non of the fun and light hearted ness a wedding is supposed to be.
View Quoted Comment
I know but if it keeps you and your loved ones safe it may be worth it. I know it stinks. I’m hoping for the best but planning on the worst.
We’re eloping in Jamaica on June 14, 2020 and we have until the end of the month or so to cancel and get a whole refund. If we have to cancel our weddingmoon, our pastor volunteered to marry us on June 14 (or earlier) at our church- closed or not since it’s just the two of us.
And if that happens, we will reschedule our honeymoon for a later date. I will bring my dress, so we can still do pictures on the beach.
We ar July 19 2020 and hoping we don't have to reschedule! My alterations appointment has been cancelled twice and I will now have to reschedule again for some time in may or June. I'm so nervous but trying to stay calm and still get some planning done.