We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Katie
Super July 2014

Convertible Wrap Dress for BMs?

Katie, on August 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved Save

All of my bridesmaids are different ages (14 - 42) and different body types (tall and skinny to short and chunky) so what I was planning on doing was picking out a color and having each of my ladies pick out whatever style dress they wanted from a specific place.

Then I got the idea about these wrap dresses - one dress that can be styled a million different ways and the girls could all get more use out of them after the wedding. What do you think? Anybody else done this before?

The link is to more pics:

http://convertiblewrapdress.com/Gallery

17 Comments

• Tina~Bo~Bina
    Master November 2012
    Tina~Bo~Bina ·
    • Flag

Yup, I bought them for my girls Smiley smile So far, they love trying on the different styles to see which ones they like best. Plus it's a dress that they have a more likely chance of actually wearing more than once. I know a few ladies on here have complained about it not working on large busted girls but my sister said that is not the case, you just have to play with different styles that are more bra friendly. Also, if you've got any girls who would like a modesty top, they sell bandaeu tops that match the color of the dress to wear under as well. I say go for it!

• Alina
    VIP August 2012
    Alina ·
    • Flag

I did them for my girls! We actually made ours, which saved a lot. All the girls really liked them because they could choose their own style and it's something they can definitely use again. And they got lots of compliments on them too. Some of the guests wanted my mom to make them one!

• Just Reenski
    Master December 2012
    Just Reenski ·
    • Flag

It's a great idea, and was my original plan for my 3 girls, but I got one for myself, and MOH couldn't find a way to wear it that would cover a strapless bra and not cling to her weird. I've had similar trouble, even with a bandeau so I can wear a bra (I'm a DDD, so a bra is a MUST) it just looks funny on me.

I think it definitely depends on the girl and the body, so if possible, have them try them on beforehand. I've heard lots of success stories, it just didn't work out for me.

• MyLove&HisMrs.
    VIP November 2014
    MyLove&HisMrs. ·
    • Flag

I was in a wedding where we wore wrap dresses. I didn't wear it much after the wedding, but it was very comfortable.

• SophieMuffin
    Super May 2013
    SophieMuffin ·
    • Flag

I LOVE the idea, i cant do it because i couldn't find them in the colors i wanted but i think its an awesome idea Smiley laugh

• The Polka Dot Queen ©
    Master July 2012
    The Polka Dot Queen © ·
    • Flag

I did it!

Sophiemuffin, did you get your bm dresses yet? I ordered mine from Muse Bridal Wear, and they have all kind of colours and make custom orders and stuff! They were fantastic to work with! They're on etsy, or you can just check out musebridalwear.com

• Katie
    Super July 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

I ran the idea by my BMs, they seem to like it!

I just like the fact that they can have sleeves or go sleeveless, do a v neck or a bandeau, open back or cover up modestly. It just seems like it would suit everyone, so I think I'm gonna go for it Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Super October 2013
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I was looking at these from "Two Birds" and they were hundreds of dollars. Then Henkaa, which was $160. I read a lot of good reviews but feel bad making my girls pay that for dresses on top of everything else. These are only $75!??!! Has anyone used these exact ones?!? How are they? Smiley laugh -So excited!

• Shaina
    Devoted November 2012
    Shaina ·
    • Flag

2 of my girls got these ones and they have tried many different ways of wearing it and they all look amazing! So pretty! The only complaint they had was the fabric is very heavy and they are not sure how they are going to wear a bra with it but there are many ways to arrange it so it covers bras if they just experiment a bit.

http://shop.henkaa.com/products/sakura-convertible-gown-dress-magenta-purple

• SophieMuffin
    Super May 2013
    SophieMuffin ·
    • Flag

@Judith I love your girls dresses Smiley laugh I will have to check out the site. I had fallen for the dresses by Jordan 145 style due to the lace since my dress is lace hehe

• Katie
    Super July 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

The short ones are only $60, the price is also a huge pro!

• The Polka Dot Queen ©
    Master July 2012
    The Polka Dot Queen © ·
    • Flag

Shaina, my MOH (one with the short hair) has her straps wrapped around her bra straps, keeps them extra secure and makes sure you can't see it!

SohpieMuffin - here is a link to a lace one! I know they aren't cheap, but they really are great quality.

http://www.musebridalwear.com/convertible-dresses/sassy-convertible-dress-copy-2/

• mRzCuTrEr
    Dedicated June 2015
    mRzCuTrEr ·
    • Flag

Cool idea! Where can these be purchased?

• WasSoon2BMrsSmith
    Master September 2010
    WasSoon2BMrsSmith ·
    • Flag

I hate the wrap dresses I have one and getting it to not shift is so much more annoying than getting a strapless regular dress not to fall. if they want to wrap it then sew it that way it might be less annoying but that's my take on the wrap dresses.

• Mrs. Del Grosso
    Master June 2013
    Mrs. Del Grosso ·
    • Flag

I bought these as one of the gifts for my girls. They are $35 a piece at target!!

• Rebecca
    VIP October 2012
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Yes I got my BM theres from Target online. Which I love but one of my BM is super skinny and it just hangs on her and I got her an XS. So I am going to have to go to her house and mess around with it and see if we can figure a flattering look on her.

• P
    Just Said Yes November 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I'm looking at henkaa convertible dresses for my bridesmaids but I'm wondering if anyone experienced problems with shipping. Were there any customs fees charged? I'm planning to order everything together including the ties for the guys so colors will match perfectly. What was your experience with receiving the items from Canada to the USA.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles