W
Just Said Yes October 2020

Central Park wedding?

Wendy, on March 6, 2019 at 12:51 PM Posted in New York Planning 0 2
Saved Save

Has anyone had a central park wedding? I'm thinking of having a small ceremony in the conservatory garden and having the reception at a Cuban restaurant in Harlem.

- Have any of you done this?

-Any tips for a restaurant buyout? The reception probably wouldn't be more than 80-100 people

2 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·

Hi Wendy!! Welcome to WeddingWire!! I haven't been to a wedding in Central Park, but I've seen a handful of them when I've been up there. I think it's really nice, especially if the weather's nice, and I think the conservatory would be an awesome background. Have you spoken with anyone at the garden about it or looked at their site? It looks like there are quite a few restrictions.

I unfortunately don't know much about a restaurant buyout. Sorry!

• Breanna
    Savvy May 2020
    Breanna ·

I am having my ceremony in the conservatory garden next May & we are also doing a restaurant for afterwards. We booked the ragtrader! The best advice I would say is you need to nail down your guest list way in advance and have a really good idea of how many people you are looking to have. We thought we were going to have to do a buyout but by shaving 20 people off the list, we are able to get a private space instead and save a whole lot of money!

Comment on this discussion