We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kayleigh
Savvy October 2020

Centerpiece help!

Kayleigh, on May 5, 2020 at 10:04 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 1 17
Saved Save

What is everyone doing for centerpieces?

I am doing the wood slices as a base. I bought all these cute battery operated lights for bottles and the batteries are in what looks like a cork. My plan was to just put them in some liquor and wine bottles and call it a day. I'm struggling to fall in love with this idea all of a sudden. They all look so good on pinterest, but I'm really not sure. I have gold votives (battery op) to decorate with as well since we have to do everything flameless at the venue.

I'm concerned the bottles will look a little too recycled or 'cheap'.

Thoughts and suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Centerpiece help! 1

Centerpiece help! 2

17 Comments

• Gnomi28
    Savvy September 2020
    Gnomi28 ·
    • Flag
    Centerpiece help! 3
    I actually bought a bunch of those cork lights too! I have purple and some white ones. I'll clear all the labels off the bottles so they look clean, but I honestly think they look so pretty! However, I am doing most everything myself, especially the table decorations. I am making little pumpkins out of toilet paper and cloth, and I am making a photo booth backdrop out of lights and curtains. I've read another post saying that tiny details probably won't be noticed by anyone but the bride anyway, so I say go for what you think looks best! It's your day after all, and in my opinion, I think DIY decorations look more creative than store bought ones. They require more thought and effort, and the results can be elegant. Happy planning!
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I think that would be a great idea! If you have some wine bottles you can collect that would be even better because it could be zero waste or could be cost effective to just use bottles you already have or can get free
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

You can definitely use those!! I think it's all about making a little cluster arrangements with those wine bottles, some votive candles, your table numbers, and you could add a few pieces of greenery and some single flowers.

Here are a few inspiration pictures that jumped out to me from Pinterest:

Centerpiece help! 4

Photo from David & Jordan's Wedding in Waynesboro VA

Centerpiece help! 5

Photo from Maison Numen

Centerpiece help! 6

Pinterest

• Kayleigh
    Savvy October 2020
    Kayleigh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I'll have to check pinterest out for more ideas!

• Kayleigh
    Savvy October 2020
    Kayleigh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I did see some cute things you could do with pumpkins for table decor! I would love to see what you come up with making your own. I'm not great at DIY things, but I'd much rather do that than spend money on decor that I won't keep or use ever again.

• Gnomi28
    Savvy September 2020
    Gnomi28 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Centerpiece help! 7
    This is the type of pumpkins I am making! I don't know if you have an October wedding but here is a link to the pinterest DIY if you want it! https://pin.it/7opab1d
  • Kayleigh
    Savvy October 2020
    Kayleigh ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! These are super cute!! I do have an October wedding lol thank you!!

• Gnomi28
    Savvy September 2020
    Gnomi28 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They are very easy to make! As long as you don't currently have a toilet paper shortage lol. Have fun, and congratulations!
  • Grazielle
    Savvy January 2021
    Grazielle ·
    • Flag
    I love them! I'm actually planning on doing 3 different centerpieces, short, medium, and tall. The medium height one is blue wine bottles with lights! The short one is a lantern with flowers/greenery and the tall is a stand with flowers/greenery. I haven't done much work on the short and tall ones but I do have all the bottles and lights! Not sure if I should add to the centerpiece other than the table number. Centerpiece help! 8

• Gnomi28
    Savvy September 2020
    Gnomi28 ·
    • Flag
    Here is an update of the bottles I'm using! I still think they look great and I hope you go through with them!Centerpiece help! 9

• Dynesha
    Devoted June 2020
    Dynesha ·
    • Flag
    Old school New Orleans lamp post with floral arrangementCenterpiece help! 10
    Centerpiece help! 11

• Tasha
    Just Said Yes July 2021
    Tasha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I Love THIS!!!

• Dynesha
    Devoted June 2020
    Dynesha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Now to figure out how to store it 🤔
  • Anna
    Super October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is the hard part. There’s many things I’m waiting til it’s closer to go time before we assemble them just because I don’t have the space to store it and I’m afraid of it breaking and not being able to be repaired or replaced.

• Dynesha
    Devoted June 2020
    Dynesha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Luckily we moved a few months ago and a few rooms don’t have furniture so one living room has been dubbed “the wedding room.” 😅
  • Anna
    Super October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

I put together a few rough draft options today. I know many people say only pick one or two centerpiece designs, but I’ll likely have several, more because I probably went at it backwards and collected supplies and now I’m going to see what I can do. Some of the things I’m limited in number because I got them off of FB marketplace or a yard sale and I don’t feel like hunting or paying full price for more. But my theme is Enchanted Forest.

Centerpiece help! 12

Centerpiece help! 13

Centerpiece help! 14

Centerpiece help! 15

• Anna
    Super October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That totally works. My FH & I won’t be living together until after the wedding. I‘be been living with my parents and there’s definitely no space. But we’ll be living in a family home (dad still owns his childhood home and is giving it to me). The renters will be out shortly (FH is currently job hunting and hoping to move into the house before the wedding). My goal is to get all my stuff except for what I actually need moved on over so I’ll have more space here for wedding projects.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles