We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Grazielle
Savvy January 2021

Centerpiece help!

Grazielle, on June 7, 2020 at 5:06 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 26
Saved Save
So my fianc茅 and I got engaged last April and we decided early on that we want to a starry night theme with blues, purples, and silver as our colors. I'm so indecisive about design that I have 3 different centerpieces, with varying heights lol 馃槅 It's a lot of DIY, so here's rough draft of how they would look. I'd love to hear your thoughts, if I should add/remove anything, and whether they all work together! We'll have white tables and chairs and we're considering having navy tablecloth. Thanks!
Tall: Silver wooden stand with fake flowers, and table number on a star shaped glass stand
Centerpiece help! 1
Medium: Blue wine bottles, flower with vase, table number
Centerpiece help! 2
Short: Silver lantern, flower with vase, table number
Centerpiece help! 3

26 Comments

• M
    Devoted December 2021
    mrswinteriscoming
    • Flag
    Have you considered something perhaps a little more simple?

Personally I鈥檓 not a huge fan of these as they look a little very DIY (I鈥檓 sorry!!) but I think something that would look lovely and fit your theme would be realigned on mirrored bases? It would be simple to execute and cost effective. Just my two cents. Centerpiece help! 4
  • Elizabeth
    Rockstar June 2021
    Elizabeth
    • Flag

These are all really pretty! Personally I would stick to 2, the tall and short ones, and nix the middle ones with the wine bottles. I think the tall and short ones coordinate well together and having 2 different looks will still look put together, but 3 could look like you didn't have a cohesive plan. Just my opinion, but they really are all super cute!

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree. I would do something simplier. I think three totally different centerpieces is way too much.
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine Online
    • Flag
    I think 3 is probably too much. It would look a little thrown together. I think you should stick with 1 and/or 3. The drinking glasses and floating candles are also a really beautiful idea as well.
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is absolutely beautiful!
  • Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann Online
    • Flag

What a fun theme! I love the dark colors and the fairy lights. And the sparkle of the glitter. Anything mirrored to reflect the lights would look good too (maybe swap the doily out for a round mirror for the other pieces to stand on).

I think the only thing that doesn't quite work visually is the purple daisy in the first pic. That type of flower would suit more of a summery/casual look, and the rest of what you chose looks more elegant/formal.

• Natalie
    Devoted November 2020
    Natalie
    • Flag
    I agree with some of the pp. My personal suggestion would be the blue wine bottles with lights in #2 used as a vase with some white flowers. Set it on top of a round mirror with some tea light candles around it. I think it would be the best way to integrate the flowers and cosmic theme and not look too busy!
  • Grazielle
    Savvy January 2021
    Grazielle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for your honesty, that's exactly what I needed to hear! I definitely don't want it to look too busy, and I love the centerpiece you suggested. That centerpiece is actually very similar to what my venue can provide (at a cost) so I could look into that and just add my table numbers.
    In the meantime, I'll try swapping out the silver placemat for a mirrored base! Unfortunately though I am trying to avoid any open flames so I'd have to use battery operated tea lights instead of candles. Thanks!
  • Grazielle
    Savvy January 2021
    Grazielle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Yeah I was super iffy about 3 centerpieces and don't want it to come across as unorganized. Both my mom and fiance were like "yeah they're all great" but I need more thoughts to bounce ideas off lol.
    Do you think I should use the wine bottles around the dessert table, bar, cocktail tables, etc? I have like 40 of them and want to use them lol.
  • Elizabeth
    Rockstar June 2021
    Elizabeth
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love the idea of using them on the cocktail tables! Just one with some flowers or lights is so simple and elegant that it would look great on the smaller cocktail tables.

• Grazielle
    Savvy January 2021
    Grazielle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I was so indecisive about it but it's better to keep it simple. I'm going to do have bridesmaid dresses with different colors so I love when things don't all match, but glad to hear that 3 centerpieces is too much!
  • Grazielle
    Savvy January 2021
    Grazielle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I'll stick with 2 centerpieces and fix up the taller one so it's not as busy.
  • Grazielle
    Savvy January 2021
    Grazielle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! I'll definitely swap out the placemat for a mirror. I didn't even think about the daisy being summery, good catch! We're getting married in winter so that wouldn't match at all lol.
  • Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's gonna look so good! Good timing too; if I did any DIY stuff, it'd be a last minute scramble.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds good. I've never seen table numbers like that before. They're so nice! Where did you get them??
  • Grazielle
    Savvy January 2021
    Grazielle
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I actually made them with my brother who's an engineer lol! The main piece is a display case from Amazon, usually for coins and smaller objects. I was originally gonna do acrylic table numbers but fell in love with using these instead Smiley smile
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Well you guys did great!! I love them.

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    That鈥檚 a fun theme!

The first centerpiece is very busy and way too 鈥淒IY鈥 looking. So maybe delete that one. I feel like fake flowers are better when only used in small quantities (plus your theme doesn鈥檛 require many flowers). Personally I like your second centerpiece the best. I would use the two blue wine bottles, the table number and add in the lantern. Together those items give me a 鈥渟tarry night鈥 feeling. If you want to have some flowers incorporated, I would keep it to a minimum and lay two of those large white blooms directly onto the table within centerpiece items. The 3rd centerpiece works.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle
    • Flag
    *I meant... add in the lantern in place of the little blue cup.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would do one style of dress if you are going to have different colors because again too many different things won't look good and will honestly just distract your guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles