Ana
Savvy November 2020

Carnival Cruise Wedding Planning

Ana, on February 22, 2020 at 10:36 AM Posted in Planning 0 5
Saved Save
I am set to wed my fiancee on Carnival Breeze on November 2020 in an embarkation wedding. And I am filled with tons of indecisions when it comes to the "extras". I am hoping for some insights and help that will make this process easier. As only one classic wedding package can be performed per cruise day we have chosen the Carnival Gold Classic package with the reception option, which came out to be about $3,200. We do have the option to downgrade with no penalty to the intimate package 60 days prior to cruise date if we don't have a lot of guests coming and paying $16 dollar per guest for them to eat on the lido deck. I will probably stick to the classic package but I like that is an option that would save about a grand if I choose to go that route. My struggle is with deciding if I want a host that will play music I put together, no music, or a host with their own playlist. Has anyone had any of these options and if so was it worth it for a hour ceremony to pay between $150-300 and have to move from your ceremony spot (which I am hoping for the piano room) to the club area. I am probably only going to have about 8 guests. And my other struggle is should I get the video package? I am paying the $899 for the premier photo package so the videographer will be $599. Was the video worth it? Is it something you have rewatched? I don't do any type of social media so it's not something I would post anywhere. Any help, advice, tips, or photos would be appreciated. I am paying for the wedding all by myself so I want to make smart financial decisions but I also want a special day that I will remember always.

5 Comments

• S
    December 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

Have you been on a cruise before? We cruise a lot. Lido deck on embarkation day is a zoo. People and luggage everywhere. I would pay to eat privately.

Personally I'd skip the videographer and save the money. Your pictures will be nice.

The music choice it up to you. Do you NEED music? If so, spend the money on the less expensive option.

The Piano Bar is not very big with very little floor space. I wonder how they do a ceremony in there? You could always get some pictures with the piano if you don't have the ceremony in there. Could you do the ceremony in another of the Clubs and stay there since that's where you will have the music?

We really like the layout of the Breeze. Smiley smile Enjoy the cruise wedding.

• Ana
    Savvy November 2020
    Ana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes my fiancee and I have been together five years and it took me a year to tell him I loved him but I knew after he took me on my first ever carnival Cruise that he was the one for me. It's the reason I decided on a cruise wedding. We go on a cruise every year so it seemed fitting since it is our happy place. I do definitely like the breeze, and unsure as to how they do ceremonies in the piano bar but I love the decor in there so I am hoping it's an option (they won't tell me my venue till thirty days prior). Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it. I am just so nervous and excited. I want everything to be magical and not have any doubts or regrets. Most cruise wedding info out there is super outdated. Carnival Cruise Wedding Planning 1

• S
    December 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

You will have a lovely wedding Smiley smile

Are your guests sailing with you or getting off the ship after the wedding festivities?

• Ana
    Savvy November 2020
    Ana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They are getting off after the wedding festivities. I was open to them cruising with us but I guess they are not cruise people.
  • S
    December 2020
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Then it makes sense to have the wedding embarkation day. I'm sure you'll have a lovely day and a great cruise !

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics