Jodie
Beginner October 2022

Canceled wedding?

Jodie, on August 31, 2020 at 4:07 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved
We has to cancel our wedding due to COVID. My bridesmaids are wondering what to do with their dresses. Any ideas from anyone that has had to cancel? I said maybe we can sell them. We do plan on having a ceremony eventually but we postponed our first date and now had to cancel the new one. We will probably do something in a year or so.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ingrid, on September 1, 2020 at 3:53 PM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    You can either ask them to hold onto their dresses for another year (if that's when you are rescheduling for and still want your wedding party to participate in the ceremony on the new date), otherwise maybe try to sell them on Poshmark or eBay or another site online? Will the dress store that they originally bought them from allow them to be returned?
  • Jodie
    Beginner October 2022
    Jodie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just emailed the store we got the dresses from to see if there’s anything they can do Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome! Good luck - hoping everything works out and that they allow you to return them!
  • Lindsay
    Devoted July 2021
    Lindsay ·
    • Flag
    Do you plan to do a photo shoot at all maybe they can wear them and you can rock a mock wedding photo shoot?
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

Hope the store can help you out! if not, if you are going to eventually have a wedding or celebration then they can hold onto it

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    If you plan to have them in your future celebration, they can just store them. If not, you should really try to give them their money back.
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

I was supposed to be in a wedding in June that's been postponed til next summer. Right now we're all just hanging onto our dresses in storage.

My friend did toy with the idea of doing a photoshoot on the original date, but opted not to - she's just trying to save everything for next year at this point.

• Jodie
    Beginner October 2022
    Jodie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Of course I’d pay them back if we can’t return them!! I was planning on it anyway if we don’t end up selling them! Or at least giving half of it back to them I feel awful for having them buy dresses they won’t get to wear till who knows when.
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think you maybe meant to quote Caytlyn. Smiley smile

If you're looking for another place to potentially sell them, there are some local FB wedding group marketplaces. Dresses can be pretty hard to sell from what I've heard, but it's worth a shot if you don't want them to hang onto the dresses.
  • Jodie
    Beginner October 2022
    Jodie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oops I’m sorry!
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    You can do a 1 year anniversary celebration, (which we're doing). Or a styled photo shoot with everyone in their wedding attire so the purchase isn't a complete waste.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics