Cher Horowitz
Rockstar December 2019

Cake Flavors!

Cher Horowitz, on July 10, 2019 at 12:09 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 48
Saved Save

What are your cake flavors? I'm planning on a three-tier red velvet!

48 Comments

• Monique
    Rockstar December 2019
    Monique
    • Flag
    We are doing a three tier apple fritter and cinnamon roll flavored cake. One tier of cinnamon roll and two tiers of apple fritter.
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy
    • Flag
    Top tier: vanilla/vanilla
    middle tier: white chocolate/chocolate
    bottom tier: pink champagne/salted caramel

grooms cake: chocolate/cookies n cream with crushed Oreos on top
  • Brianna N
    Super October 2019
    Brianna N
    • Flag

Top & bottom tier: Almond cake with vanilla buttercream and fresh strawberries

Middle tier: Chocolate chip cake with salted caramel and chocolate creme filling

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna
    • Flag

I LOVE red velvet 馃構Sounds yummy Cher!

What kind of frosting? Cream cheese? (also my fav!)

• Becca
    Super August 2019
    Becca
    • Flag
    We are doing a small cake and cupcakes Smiley smile our cake is Boston cream and the cupcakes are a mix of red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla Smiley smile
  • Rachel
    Super July 2019
    Rachel
    • Flag
    Bottom: poppyseed cake with raspberry custard, lemon curd and fresh raspberries
    middle: chocolate cake with peanut butter custard and salted caramel layer
    top: vanilla cake, vanilla custard, fresh strawberries!

Outer frosting will just be vanilla buttercream
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2020
    Meghan
    • Flag
    Top tier is strawberry
    Middle tier will be pink velvet
    Bottom tier is lemon
    We are having vanilla buttercream on the whole cake
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly
    • Flag

We are doing cupcakes.

The top will be a 6" pound cake that we will use for cutting.

The cupcake flavors are: chocolate PB cup, red velvet barbarian Oreo, Pink Champagne Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake & Coconut Vanilla. We will also have approx. 6x vegan cupcakes but they will be served directly to the table as the cupcake min. was 24x & we didn't need or want a 24x count of vegan.

• Nora
    Expert July 2019
    Nora
    • Flag
    Two tier buttercream marble cake with whipped chocolate and chocolate ganache filling! 馃構
  • Annabel
    Dedicated November 2019
    Annabel
    • Flag

Wow, they all sound so delicious. Reading everyone's cake flavors is making me crave a slice of cake now. We are having a 3-tier cake and they will all be almond cake with vanilla buttercream, yum!

• Miranda
    Beginner January 2020
    Miranda
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 doing a three tier red velvet too!
  • Catherine
    Dedicated September 2019
    Catherine
    • Flag

Two tiers, lemon cake, raspberry filling, vanilla buttercream frosting. FH picked it out, and it sounds delish!

• Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren
    • Flag

My wedding cake has 4 tiers! I have 3 tiers of strawberry cake and one tier of lemon cake all with buttercream icing. The groom's cake has 3 tiers. The bottom is chocolate fudge with chocolate ganache, the middle is cookies and cream with marshmallow filling, and the top is almond wedding cake. Our baker is making a separate 6in cake for us to have for our 1 year anniversary, and we're getting that one in chocolate fudge with chocolate ganache. Smiley love The cake tasting was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning so far!!

• LaLa
    Devoted October 2019
    LaLa
    • Flag

Bottom tier is Almond Cake with Vanilla Filling & Buttercream frosting. Middle tier is Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling & Buttercream frosting. Top tie is Choco with Peanut butter filling, buttercream frosting & reeses inside lol.

• LaLa
    Devoted October 2019
    LaLa
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love cinnamon!!! That sounds way better than mine !!! Smiley sad lol

• Rachel
    Dedicated July 2019
    Rachel
    • Flag
    Our top tier is vanilla cake with raspberry filling and the bottom tier is this cinnamon one that taste like a cinnamon roll or Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
  • Michelle
    Super August 2019
    Michelle
    • Flag
    We are doing cupcakes. Red velvet with cream cheese frosting, chocolate with chocolate frosting, and orange creamsicle (orange cupcake with whipped cream filling and vanilla frosting). We are having a giant cupcake to cut and it will be a Bailey's cupcake (chocolate with Bailey's liquor). My sister is making them all. 馃槉
  • Jess
    Super September 2019
    Jess
    • Flag

We are doing cupcakes instead of a cake! We will have chocolate and vanilla cupcakes. We chose this because I HATE chocolate and FH is not the biggest fan of vanilla so this was our compromise haha. However, we will be having a very small vanilla cake to do a cake cutting and to save for our 1 year anniversary!

• Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana
    • Flag
    We鈥檙e doing a chocolate cake with chocolate cupcakes.

Cake Flavors! 1
  • Devin
    Super October 2019
    Devin
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh Yum!! 馃構

Comment on this discussion