T
Just Said Yes August 2018

Bridal shower

tiffany, on May 21, 2018 at 1:54 PM Posted in Parties and Events 0 6
Saved Save
So my sister and my cousin are throwing me a beautiful bridal shower should I be getting them something to show them that I appreciate it and what should it be..

6 Comments

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·

Hi Tiffany! Technically, since the shower is your time to receive gifts, you aren't really required to give back anything. Your sister and cousin recognize your value to them and want you to sit back and allow them to demonstrate it. However, if you feel prompted to buy something, I think a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolate, or a nicely written card would suffice as a great sign of appreciation and gratitude!

Good luck!

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·

It isn't about being required to do anything. It's about being polite and courteous. It is traditional and polite to take a hostess gift whenever someone is hosting you- especially a gift giving event.

Try to personalize the gift as you would for any other gift. Do you know their favorite wine, a scent they love for a candle, a luxurious sweet or dessert they probably wouldn't buy themselves? A bouquet of flowers is always discouraged as a hostess gift unless it is already arranged in a vase, as the last thing a hostess needs is to have to take time to arrange flowers when she is busy greeting guests.

• J
    Devoted June 2018
    Janie ·

I have given hostess gifts for all of my parties and showers. It doesn't need to be expensive, just thoughtful and nicely wrapped. I gave my bridal tea hostesses nice pictures frames, and my kitchen shower hostesses little bowls from a well-known local potter. I also like the idea of a plant in a pretty container...maybe an orchid or hydrangea.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

I think it's nice to get a hostess gift! I always resort to gift baskets, themed for something the host enjoys (cooking, spa day, wine, etc.)

• Jen
    VIP July 2018
    Jen ·

I got the people hosting my shower Starbucks gift cards and this cute candle:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/492448954/bridal-shower-hostess-gift-thank-you?ref=user_profile

• GoodMOB
    April 2018
    GoodMOB ·

Unless the person doesn't drink, a bottle of wine usually works. Potted plant. This time of year, perhaps a perennial to plant outside, if they have a house.

I'm also into getting people nice water bottles as gifts. Eco-friendly, and you can get one with all the good features, that they might not get for themselves.

Comment on this discussion