Sydney
Just Said Yes October 2021

Breakfast wedding

Sydney, on August 15, 2020 at 4:57 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 15
Saved

Anyone ever do a breakfast wedding in the afternoon! This is my dream, but I want it to be very basic. Nothing fancy!!!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on August 18, 2020 at 2:21 AM
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    I love it! Originally I wanted a jazz brunch wedding on a rooftop venue downtown that overlooks our pro baseball stadium and the city skyline. I had all ideas figured out. Then one day I switched and randomly suggested a fun destination wedding in Vegas! Glad I did because I really love the uniqueness of our Vegas venue. So, I’ll have to save the brunch celebration idea for a future anniversary day party. The only hard part is preparing for the day by starting very early in the morning.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I love breakfast so I think it’s a great idea
  • T
    Dedicated February 2022
    Tiante ·
    • Flag
    I would love to attend a breakfast wedding but honestly I’d be disappointed if I went & they didn’t pull out all the stops especially if it’s a buffet.
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing breakfast after our sunrise ceremony, but to me breakfast food can be eaten at any time of day so I’d be totally fine with it in the afternoon.
  • N
    Devoted October 2018
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

We were going to do breakfast for our Sunday afternoon wedding but we couldn't find a vendor to host so we ended doing BBQ. The venue was at a brewery. But breakfast sounds amazing for a reception! If you can pull it off, do it!

• Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing a brunch wedding at Sunrise.
  • Alisa
    Devoted August 2020
    Alisa ·
    • Flag

Yes! we had brunch reception with crab quiche, french toast, bacon and sausage.ceremony was at 11:30 and reception started at 1:30

• Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Unfortunately the only one I've been to was kosher... but pareve kosher - meaning the caterer only provided vegan breakfast food. They weren't particularly good at it.

If you provide a *full* breakfast spread... now, that sounds amazing. French toast or big, fluffy waffles? Sign me up!

• JM Sunshine
    August 2020
    JM Sunshine ·
    • Flag
    Last week my daughter just had her 11:00 am ceremony and 12:30 brunch reception with eggs, frittata, bacon, potatoes, etc. along with a coffee bar and mimosa bar. She had tiered cinnamon rolls instead of a cake. It was a lot of fun, quite a bit cheaper, and it was over by 4:30 so they could then go out for a night on the town with their closest friends before leaving the next day for their honeymoon.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Yum! I’d want to go. 🍳 🥓 🥞 ☕️ 🍾 🍇🍌🥐
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    Sounds delicious and a lot more affordable.
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

Sounds like a great idea!

• Jessica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

This is an awesome idea, but I think you'd want to make sure there were items on both the sweet (french toast, fruit salad, pastries) and savory (bacon, hashbrowns, eggs) crowds.

• S
    Dedicated March 2022
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    I think it sounds fun!
  • A
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag
    We are getting married on October 10th and we are having breakfast for dinner and donuts for the “cake”! I am so excited, we both love breakfast and thought it would be perfect!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics