We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Gabby
Dedicated October 2021

Black Wedding Dress

Gabby, on February 1, 2021 at 6:08 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 13
Saved Save
So I always thought I'd wear a white dress but I saw a black dress on cocomelody that made me tear up. Does anyone know of any places to try on black plus size dresses? Or any other places that sell black dresses for under or around $1,000? I really don't want to commit to a black dress until I try it on first.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ingrid, on February 7, 2021 at 1:01 AM
  • Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    Check Mac Duggal. Macy’s has them. Free shipping, free return.
  • M
    Expert June 2021
    Melanie ·
    • Flag
    Try Macys or Nordstrom. May sound crazy, but they've been making more and more fancy and detailed prom dress in recent years that almost look like colored wedding dresses. You may be able to find an elaborate black dress that falls in the prom dress category that fits your style since prom season is coming up
  • Meghan
    Dedicated November 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    It looks like David’s Bridal has a few inexpensive black wedding dress options that also come in plus size! There are a few more than this on their website, but it might be worth a try to see if your local DB has any of them in stock (if any of them are of interest to you, of course). 🙂
    .Black Wedding Dress 1

• Apryl
    Dedicated March 2022
    Apryl Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I second McDougall. They're beautiful gowns.
    I would also check department stores in general.
  • Gabby
    Dedicated October 2021
    Gabby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I might go there just to try on the color on me. Lol. I really loved that long sleeve one I saw!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Wear a black bridesmaid/evening dress.
  • Meghan
    Dedicated November 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally! 😄 I saw some of the black dresses on Cocomelody and they’re pretty gorgeous so anything else might not be comparable. Hope all goes well with try-ons so you can determine if it’s your dream dress!
  • Claudia
    Dedicated November 2021
    Claudia ·
    • Flag
    I saw some breathtaking black dresses on windsor. Bonus, a bunch of their dresses were less than $150! They had a sale when I was last on their site, it may still be going on.
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    Heck yeah, try any department store online for black dresses or gowns.
  • Gabby
    Dedicated October 2021
    Gabby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sadly it doesn't look like they have much in plus sizes.
  • Claudia
    Dedicated November 2021
    Claudia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aw, boo, I missed that part, I'm sorry. My good friend uses Boohoo, Asos, Torrid and Shein for her plus sized formal dresses. I don't know if they have anything that would be categorized as a wedding dress but it's worth a look. They're all pretty inexpensive as well.
  • Julie
    VIP February 2020
    Julie ·
    • Flag

I would look at Nordstrom or a department store for a formal dress. The second you say "wedding" it jumps tenfold in price. You'll be able to get so much more dress for your money (quality, etc) and they can order more sizes in. Plus you probably don't have to make an appointment weeks/months ahead of time.

Here are some examples (all MacDuggal which someone above mentioned I think) but this was on nordstrom.com

Black Wedding Dress 2

Black Wedding Dress 3

Black Wedding Dress 4

• Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    Cocomelody will send you the dress to try on at home

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups