Patrice
Dedicated September 2021

Beach Wedding - May 22 2021

Patrice, on February 26, 2020 at 6:59 AM Posted in Planning 1 7
Saved

We're having a beachside wedding and I'm sooo excited....any tips for those of you who have already gotten married on the beach? Any tips that have been shared with those of you who are also planning a beach wedding?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kinsey, on July 14, 2020 at 9:11 PM
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    A few things to keep in mind:

1. Sand is very hard to walk in. I went in my bare feet and wore shoes for my reception.2. Unless you are getting married on a private beach don’t expect people to respect your privacy during your ceremony. Also if using a public beach think about the time of day and how many people will be there. 3. It can be windy on the beach so consider that when deciding on a veil and how to where your hair. I ended up with an updo (lots of hairspray) and flowers in my hair. 4. Sunset pictures can be beautiful so work your timeline around those. 5. With sand and some breeze decor can be tricky.
    Those are just a few thoughts from my wedding. Good luck.
  • Mindy
    Savvy August 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for this! My FH wants our reception at a beach and all i can think about is the wind lmao
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The wind isn’t too bad and in May it can be hot depending on where in the country you are getting married. The biggest issue for me was that people wouldn’t move their things out of the way of pictures and they were rude!
  • Angela
    Savvy November 2021
    Angela ·
    • Flag
    Hi! Congrats on your engagement! I don’t have any advice for you, but just wanted to comment and say I’m getting married on the same day(:
  • Patrice
    Dedicated September 2021
    Patrice ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow awesome! I haven’t yet met anyone with the same wedding date yet so that’s pretty amazing! Congratulations to you too!
  • A
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Alba ·
    • Flag
    Hi I’m getting married June 5 2021 in Key West. I’m thinking about wearing wedges so I get a little bit of height and it’s a bit better than heels to walk in. We’re also having a tent so hopefully it’ll help with the heat. Also the wedding is starting at 5 with the ceremony so hopefully by then most of the heat will be gone! I guess it can always go either way, I’m just hoping for the best.
  • Kinsey
    Savvy July 2020
    Kinsey ·
    • Flag

Just got married on the beach! I went for a half updo (and no veil) so that hair wasn't flying everywhere in the wind. I wore chunky heels so I could walk in them. Having a microphone for the officiant was very helpful so guests could hear over the wind. We planned the ceremony around the time the sun was setting, which was great for pictures and there were less other people on the beach at that time. I'd recommend it- I thought it was lovely to get married on the beach.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics