We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jamy
Just Said Yes June 2020

Backless wedding dress

Jamy, on August 27, 2019 at 4:36 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save
Hi everyone, My wedding dress is backless. What kind of bra should I wear I have tried almost all of them. I'm a DD nothing works.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jamy, on August 29, 2019 at 9:54 PM
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

Have you tried sticky boobs? I buy mine from Target. They don't provide a ton of support, but they are better than nothing. Otherwise, can you get cups sewn into your dress in alterations? That might be a better option. My dress had cups in it so I went without a bra.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    Could the dress have cups sewn in them?
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    My dress had cups and it was perfectly fine. The girls had plenty of support!
  • Tanyia
    Expert February 2020
    Tanyia ·
    • Flag
    Can you have cups sewn in so you don’t have to wear a bra? I’m a B cup so I don’t know the DD side of life - I’m still in the boob kiddie pool.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Can you have cups sewn in? That is what I did.

• Laree's
    Devoted May 2021
    Laree's ·
    • Flag
    I’m nervous about this as well. I’m a 34 DDD and I have a hard time just keeping them in a bra. I haven’t dress shopped yet, but I’m pretty sure I want a backless dress too. Hopefully sewn in cups do the trick. Good luck!
  • Carolina
    Dedicated February 2021
    Carolina ·
    • Flag
    How about those cult one cups, I tried some on at the bridal shop where I got my dress.
  • Carolina
    Dedicated February 2021
    Carolina ·
    • Flag
    Sorry typo😂 gel sylicone cups^
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

DD here too. I have cups in my dress but still plan to have a sticky bra for lift.

• Jamy
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Jamy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Have you found any that work?
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I found these on Amazon. They are not great alone so you will need cups in your dress and they only worked once for me but held up when I performed a wedding on July 4th in Virginia (during the 2019 heat wave) and they stayed up for several hours. They do pull taking them off but otherwise no real complaints.

Backless wedding dress 1

• Jamy
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Jamy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!
  • Adrienne
    Dedicated October 2021
    Adrienne ·
    • Flag

I'm a 34DD too - i've never been very trusting of built in bras with dresses but the last time i wore a dress with a built in it had a low back with a corset style . My FH corseted me in super tight and i had no bounce issues all night - and we danced for like 3 hours - for added nipple safety though i did wear some pasties. I had originally intended though to wear my sticky bra.

i recommend that with stickies you ensure to check reviews that it will hold your girls in. I was gonna send you the link for the one i used but it's not on amazon anymore - a lot of the ones i've looked at on amazon weren't very good for dd/e cups. So make sure you really check those reviews before buying.

You can also double up if you really need extra safety measures - a friend of mine always recommends to me boob tape and sticky bra together for added security - plus if your dress has built in bra you should be ok.

• Kristin
    Devoted August 2018
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    See if you have a lingerie store in your area (not Victoria’s Secret). I’m also a D cup and had a sheer back dress. You can get a bustier and then have it altered so it doesn’t show. Worked really well.
  • Jamy
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Jamy ·
    • Flag
    Thanks I will look into it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles