Caila
Devoted August 2020

August 2020 Brides!

Caila, on January 27, 2020 at 1:06 PM Posted in Planning 1 53
Saved

Hi all!! What are all the Brides getting married in 2020 working on now? What do you still have to do? How is your planning going. Smiley smile Just about 6 months out!!!

53 Comments

Latest activity by Caila, on February 21, 2020 at 10:50 AM
  • Kristen
    Dedicated June 2021
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    August 29th for us. Currently I'm trying to get all of my save the dates addressed and mailed. I also need to take my dress for it's starting alterations with seamstress. Pretty much everything is booked but we're still deciding on catering and ceremony music. How about you?
  • Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm just starting to make some lists of things to do/buy! I just bought some DIY stuff this past weekend for our centerpieces. We are working on finishing up our guest list (late I know). Thinking of ordering invites in March! We have our Pre-Cana class next weekend and then meet with our Priest after that to talk about wedding order, readings, and songs. Smiley smile Just at the point of making lists and seeing what to do/ buy!

• Nicole
    Dedicated August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    August 15th here, need to print my invites and send them out. Most people are traveling in and need to book rooms. And I'm starting to make my decorations. Everything is pretty much planned at this point so just a waiting game now until we get closer and I start stressing again.
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

August 8th for me. Things started to get busy again once January hit!
    I'm designing our invites right now. Last week my dress arrived into store but i won't start alterations until the spring/early summer. I am ordering a veil this week. We did our pre-cana this past weekend. I am meeting with our florist today for an update as we haven't talked to her since we booked her almost 1 year ago. My fiancé is finalizing our music choices. We have lots of spreadsheets on the go but all the major stuff (except music) is booked at this point. Oh, and we are honeymoon planning right now, too.

• Rose
    Devoted August 2020
    Rose ·
    • Flag
    August 8th here too!
    Tomorrow I meet with the florist, at the end of this week I should have my tasting scheduled. We sent out save the dates last week and once we have the tasting we can start on the invites, although I know what ones we will be going with. We just finished setting up hotel blocks last week too.
  • Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We have mostly travel too -- when are you sending your invites? Did you do save the dates as well? I don't think I'll stop stressing until everything is done!! LOL

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, us too!! Really felt that time was coming up quick. Are you doing DIY invites? That's exciting your dress came in!!! I can't wait for my fitting just so I can put it on again. Smiley smile

How was your pre-cana class??

And we have tons of spreadsheets/ lists too! Keeps me calm and organized Smiley smile

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ooo tastings will be fun!! Is it for catering or bakery? When do you plan to send invites?

We just did our blocks too!

• Rose
    Devoted August 2020
    Rose ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Will be with our caterer, we will send invites out in May. We haven’t even thought of a cake yet. Our reception package includes the cake tho so I guess we’ll go over that at our tasting.
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No I think I'm just going to use Vistaprint and keep it simple! We have 283 guests invited so it gets expensive quickly.
    Pre-Cana was a lot better than I expected as I am no longer practicing (fiancé is) so I was worried about being uncomfortable but it was largely about communication. I am in Canada though so I'm not sure if it's different where you are.

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I would check out Ann's Bridal Bargain! That's where we are going through and have about 300 guests. You can get the Invite and RSVP card for $.99, which is quite cheap.

Oh gotcha! It might be a bit different here in America.

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh gotcha! That will be exciting. Also, that is nice that is included because then you don't have to worry about where to book a baker from!

• Rose
    Devoted August 2020
    Rose ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I’m excited, our venue was pretty all inclusive so that’s why we went with them, took a lot of stress off with getting a bunch of other vendors together! May six months seem like so long and so short at the same time!

Is anyone else having a tiny panic attack after hearing that? Lol
  • Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is awesome!! Oh my, I do!! August will be here before we know it!

• Nicole
    Dedicated August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I will be sending them out by the end of February, we sent out save the dates in October. Hotels are already starting to book up where the wedding is so I'm stressed that I didn't give people enough time, but I shouldn't be because I know everyone would wait until the last minute anyway 🙄
  • Caitlin
    Devoted June 2021
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    We have all our vendors booked! Still deciding if we are gonna have a videographer though. Then just working on all the details!
  • C
    Dedicated September 2021
    Conny ·
    • Flag
    I’m working on center pieces right now as well as finalizing deposits for various vendors. My goal is to have that finalized by end of February then coast through until June . The hardest part was catering and the hotel block. We live in a destination city so things book you fast. I’m also working on adjusting our guest list because I absolutely cannot afford for feed as many people as I thought!
    It’s kinda tough on us a couple because of all the cash we have put out on deposits (we’re cash flowing our wedding)!
  • Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Don't stress about the hotels too much! Have you done blocks of rooms for the guests??

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Small details are where I am getting stressed!! haha. I feel like there are so many little things...

• Caila
    Devoted August 2020
    Caila ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Are you DIY centerpieces? What are you doing for them? You want to have everything done by February??

Oh I bet that it is difficult in a destination town! I hope that all works out -- I know narrowing down the guest list is tough!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics