We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Yasmine
Super March 2021

Are you planning your honeymoon?

Yasmine, on July 1, 2020 at 3:24 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 30
Saved Save

Hello Brides Smiley smile

With COVID and a possible new pandemic (since there have been talk of another swine flu possibly), are you planning your honeymoon? My fiancé and I wanted to plan to go to Aruba but I don't feel comfortable going out the country until things die down. What are you guys doing? Are you continuing to plan and book things? Or are you putting it to the side for now?

30 Comments

• Angel
    Expert August 2020
    Angel ·
    • Flag

Nope. We've discussed where we want to go, but won't book anything until thing's get under control. There's no way I'd feel comfortable traveling anywhere anytime soon.

• Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's exactly how my fiancé and I are! I told him if we have to plan a honeymoon much later then so be it, its not worth it!

• Brittany
    Expert October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

We didn't really have anything planned for our honeymoon so we decided to just stay in town. (We live in Las Vegas) So we are going to be at a resort here in town and just chill then for the one year anniversary we are going to go somewhere LOL What are you guys doing now? Are you staying put and waiting out or gonna plan a little trip??

• Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We love Las Vegas, its so much to do there! Right now we are staying put. If things clear up and goes in the right direction we will plan something but until then we don't feel too comfortable going many places with the numbers rising from COVID.

• Brittany
    Expert October 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, there is! Well, that makes sense! I hope things die down so you guys are able to take a trip!! I know things right now are cheap because of everything but might not be worth it unless you get them far out and have a good cancelation policy!

• A
    Expert December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    We’re (hopefully) getting married in December and were planning to wait until summer 2021 to visit Iceland anyways. So for now we are not focusing on planning anything at all until we get closer. I feel like even if we book right after the wedding we will still be 6+ months out anyways
  • Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, it's definitely not worth possibly bringing something home to our 2 year old. I hope you guys have fun!!

• Kerin
    Rockstar February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag

We're going to Southbeach Miami, FL in February. Originally we were going to the Caribbean, but decided to stay stateside for now. We were supposed to be there for vacation when everything got locked down over memorial day and the resort said they would hold our booking for a year, so we had to use the funds by March of 2021 anyway.

• Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes that should be more than enough time to plan! I think that you should be fine getting married in December!

• Kayse
    Devoted December 2020
    Kayse ·
    • Flag

We are still going on our Cancun honeymoon on Monday. We don't have kids and will quarantine for two weeks when we get back. The resort is taking lots of precautions, and we will mostly be outside, so I feel pretty safe. Good luck with whatever you decide!

• Reena
    Expert February 2021
    Reena ·
    • Flag
    Our honeymoon was set for this August to Alaska. We are postponing to August 2021. It’s basically all planned. We just need to rebook everything.
  • Ali
    Devoted March 2021
    Ali ·
    • Flag
    We didn't have the funds to go out of the country so we chose to go to Florida.....Hopefully by next March things cool down a bit....
  • Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh that’s great! At least you didn’t lose out on money. & I LOVE Miami that’s actually where I got engaged! Miami should be lots of fun and not too hot in February.
  • Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes if we didn’t have kids it would be a little different but I can’t risk it with my 2 year old. But we also have 8 months until our wedding so things could easily change. I hope you have fun in Cancun!!
  • Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooh well that’s easy and convenient. I’m glad you were able to reschedule. I’ve never been to Alaska but I’ve heard it’s really nice!
  • Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Florida has lots of things to do and can be just as fun, I’m sure you’ll have a great time!
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

Well our honeymoon is already booked and it's all inclusive so there's really nothing else for us to do except make sure it's paid off. We live in Las Vegas and getting married in February so if they tell us it's canceled then we'd have to think of a plan B. If there's really nowhere else we can think of to go, then we'll just stay local and do what we do lol.

• Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes Vegas is definitely more than enough to do. Where are you planning on going for your honeymoon?
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We booked a Sandals Resort in St. Lucia. We'd be out there for a week if we are still able to go.

• Yasmine
    Super March 2021
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    As

St. Lucia is sooo pretty, I hope that you guys are able to go!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles