GrayCatVintage
Master October 2015

Are send and seal invites "too cheap"...ugh

GrayCatVintage, on June 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 30
Saved

So I went to Ann's Bridal Bargains, found the perfect design, did all the added text, then realized they were a send and seal. Long story short, mom went ballistic saying they were just soooo cheap (I based what I chose on the design not that they were send and seal). Well, I am willing to buy envelopes for them as well as a small envelope for the RSVP card but my mom insists the style is just bad and cheap. Did anyone else get send and seals? Did you have a hard time finding envelopes if you did in fact decide to put them in envelopes?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Victorian Bride, on July 24, 2018 at 4:31 PM
  • Maltese
    Master June 2015
    Maltese ·
    • Flag

I love that site!

I almost went with Send and Seals, I like them and thought they were neat as I've never seen them before.

• Mrs. Hunnibear
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. Hunnibear ·
    • Flag

To me they don't look cheap at all.

• Mrs. Nicole
    Master May 2016
    Mrs. Nicole ·
    • Flag

I hope I don't sound really dumb, but I want to understand better.

What other way is there to send invitations than in an envelope that you seal and send? Or am I missing something?

• Allison
    Expert August 2015
    Allison ·
    • Flag

I did them, and I have gotten so many compliments! My guests have loved them.

My wedding is a little more casual though, so they "fit" if you know what I mean. I went with "sealandsend.net" and they didn't feel or look cheap at all when they arrived. Heavy paper, lots of detail, rich colors, personalized everything. They gave us a designer to work with too, who was WONDERFUL (and didn't even blink when I asked her if the blue would print blue enough.)

• Julia T
    Master August 2015
    Julia T ·
    • Flag

I used seal and send. I got them from invitations by dawn. I upgraded the paper and I used envelopes to mail them in.

• Julia T
    Master August 2015
    Julia T ·
    • Flag

@Nicole you suppose to just seal the invite and mail them without envelopes. But if you do it that way you risk the invites getting damage in the mail.

Can you post a picture of them from the website so we can see the ones you are talking about.

• A
    VIP July 2015
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

I like my seal and seals lol sure, they're not a full wedding invitation suite but they're still nice and not "cheap"

• Sarah195
    Master October 2016
    Sarah195 ·
    • Flag

I think seal and send invites are neat looking. I was going to look into ordering those.

• S
    VIP August 2015
    Sparkles ·
    • Flag

I agree, it depends on the feel of your wedding. If your wedding is more casual, then perfect. Maybe the envelopes would help too. If you're having a formal affair, I'd go for something fancier.

• Mrs. Nicole
    Master May 2016
    Mrs. Nicole ·
    • Flag

OOOH okay, thank you Julia.

I don't think they're cheap! But I can see the concern about damage in the mail.

• Jamgirl
    VIP July 2015
    Jamgirl ·
    • Flag

I don't think they're cheap at all.

• Kris E
    VIP May 2015
    Kris E ·
    • Flag

I would put them in envelopes because I would be afraid of damage. I can only imagine how easy it would be for one to ruined with a tear.

• EatKnitRun
    Master May 2016
    EatKnitRun ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on how formal your wedding is, or how traditional you are. I really don't like them, and I would be concerned about them getting damaged in the mail. We've gotten 2 DIY wedding invites in the mail recently that were bent, and they were 2 layers of cardstock in an envelope. Seal and sends would be even more vulnerable. Larger pieces of mail are more likely to get bent, so they really need to be heavier paper unless you don't care about the potential damage. If you use them I would definitely send them in an envelope.

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

I was going to order them until J threw his cousin's wedding invitation out thinking it was junk mail. The way Julia is doing them sounds great.

• Princess Consuela
    Master November 2015
    Princess Consuela ·
    • Flag

I loved the idea of send and seals, but to be perfectly honest, when I ordered samples, they did seem a little cheap to me. I read somewhere that they reminded someone of kids' Valentines, and then I couldn't get that out of my head. I hear that guests love them though! And yes, I'd probably put them in envelopes because I'd worry about mail damage.

• Julia T
    Master August 2015
    Julia T ·
    • Flag

I upgraded the paper to the texture type. I would have done that no matter what type of invitation I used. Just like you I felt in love with my invitations design and didn't want to use anything else.

• Jennifer
    VIP December 2015
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

We ordered seal and sends, we have a casual wedding so they were perfect for our day. We've also gotten them from the last two weddings we attended. They still need to be hand-canceled though.

• FutureMrsCrane
    Master October 2015
    FutureMrsCrane ·
    • Flag

I adore that site, and I got my invites from there! I think they're not cheap looking at all. They're cute and convenient.

• Pancakes
    Master October 2015
    Pancakes ·
    • Flag

*googles "send and seal wedding invitiations"...*

Oh, those? I have never seen them before. But I see no issue with using them. They won't make them look cheap if they have a nice design on the inside. They are kind of cool.

• Mrs. McDowell
    Devoted September 2015
    Mrs. McDowell ·
    • Flag

We used seal and send invites...I never thought about them getting damaged in the mail (we already sent them out). So far everyone has received them in good condition.

**This is my first time commenting on WW, but I will be updating my picture and information when I'm home from work! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics