Nikki
Devoted September 2021

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress?

Nikki, on May 25, 2020 at 3:07 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 37
Saved
I just couldn't wrap my mind around spending so much money on a wedding dress, plus for the look that I wanted I wasn't finding anything. Everything was 4,000+ I just couldn't do it but I picked this prom dress and matched it with a veil and I love it especially since wedding is on the beach. On top of that the lady lied to me about what colors my dress came in I didn't want to wear white, I went home and saw my dress in the color I wanted so I bought it off another site for cheaper

so I now will wear my white one on the beach change into the other one for reception. Let me know if you didn't go for a traditional dress what did you pick.

37 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on June 9, 2020 at 5:35 PM
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 1

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 2
    Here are both dresses and I know kinda weird same dress different color but I love it
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t technically get a traditional one but it looked traditional. Mine was actually an evening or prom dress online
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I honestly think it's the route to go especially if you don't want to spend alot I wanted something light for the beach and most dresses are so heavy
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah and honestly a white evening or prom dress might look the exact same as some other wedding dresses in terms of you can’t even really tell it’s not specifically a wedding gown
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I feel like most wedding dresses look the same and all got that ugly lace unless u spending thousands on a gown then they actually look pretty.so I definitely agree
  • C
    Dedicated 0000
    Chloe ·
    • Flag
    The word wedding makes everything 10x more expensive... I went off the rack and got a $3000 dress for $500.
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice where you go shopping at? Was it local
  • C
    Dedicated 0000
    Chloe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yep a local shop called Alter Bridal. But I found some great deals at a place called The Green Bride too.
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome my experience wasn't too go when I went shopping glad I found something tho they were trying to put me in heavy dresses that were like 6000
  • Dj Tanner
    June 2021
    Dj Tanner ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree! I don’t understand why a $2000 dress looks so cheap?! Some of these dresses it’s like I can’t tell the difference between a JJs house wedding dress and a $2000 dress. I feel like the only dress as I saw as well were 4000+. Especially when they do illusion tops with white material instead of nude. It just defeats the whole Flippin purpose of an illusion top
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl preach that's why I just looked for a prom dress because I wanted my whole dress sheer and not that ugly white netting my dresses are pictured
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I never wanted traditional although I was almost swayed with a few designs. I ended up realizing that the more I tried on, the more they all started to blend. I absolutely love my dress and I'm so happy I came across it. Took a risk buying it online (resale site) but it was definitely worth it! It's retailed between $3k-$4k but I got it for $1,200!!

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 3

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 4

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 5

• Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's gorgeous and doesn't look traditional at all but it was originally 4k and it looks like it what a great deal you got!
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I'm super excited. I can't wait until I get alterations done so I can stop posting model photos of it lol.

• Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes please show us if you can i don't have no pictures of me in my blush dress but I can't wait to see
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm sure you're going to look amazing in it! I'm exited for you. Congrats on your find! There's no way in hell I'm going to forget to post pictures. I'm obsessed with this dress lol.

• Kellyann
    Dedicated July 2020
    Kellyann ·
    • Flag
    I'm wearing essentially a bridesmaid infinity white dress. I don't like applique, lace , etc.
  • Kerin
    Super February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag
    I am someone who hates shopping, but I did go to David's bridal with my little daughters and to a boutique bridal shop with my FMiL and FSiL. I got an idea of what I liked, then I shopped online. I found a dress I love for under $200. I don't see a point in spending a ton of cash on a dress I'll only wear once, even if one of my daughters wants to wear it later.
    I still need some alterations, but waiting til November.Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 6

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 7

• Kerin
    Super February 2021
    Kerin ·
    • Flag
    Sorry...www.jjshouse.com is where I found it 😉
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I can't wait it is so gorgeous love the color too