Nikki
Devoted September 2021

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress?

Nikki, on May 25, 2020 at 3:07 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 37

I just couldn't wrap my mind around spending so much money on a wedding dress, plus for the look that I wanted I wasn't finding anything. Everything was 4,000+ I just couldn't do it but I picked this prom dress and matched it with a veil and I love it especially since wedding is on the beach. On top...
I just couldn't wrap my mind around spending so much money on a wedding dress, plus for the look that I wanted I wasn't finding anything. Everything was 4,000+ I just couldn't do it but I picked this prom dress and matched it with a veil and I love it especially since wedding is on the beach. On top of that the lady lied to me about what colors my dress came in I didn't want to wear white, I went home and saw my dress in the color I wanted so I bought it off another site for cheaper

so I now will wear my white one on the beach change into the other one for reception. Let me know if you didn't go for a traditional dress what did you pick.

37 Comments

• Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice and I know it looks so bridal and was way cheaper. Glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking like this people thought I was crazy when I said a prom dress.
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love the back it looks great and wat a deal $200 I love that brides are finding dresses for less.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! That's definitely one of the first things that caught my eye.

• Katie
    Savvy June 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 1
    I got mine for $150 at David’s Bridal
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Nice I went to David's bridal but they didn't have the color I wanted but I was happy with their service, this other place I went to not so much.
  • Martha
    Devoted February 2024
    Martha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It's beautiful and I agree I cant picture myself spending more than maybe $700 on my dress.

• Martha
    Devoted February 2024
    Martha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love them.

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I don't know if you meant to reply to my comment or the actual post because my dress was $1,200. Originally, I went in with the idea of $1,500 because I personally didn't find anything I cared for less than $1k. $1,200 didn't sound so bad when I found this dress and it was worth every penny.
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you both I didn't pay for my fiance mom bought the blush one and my aunt the white one but both was $800
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know this was for the other person but I went in with a budget of $1000 including veil but I was OK going to $1500 just didn't see anything I liked
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh ok. Because Martha replied to my comment saying that she agreed 700 was too much so I was just a bit confused because I was like wait, I never said that lol
  • Martha
    Devoted February 2024
    Martha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oops and wow your dress is gorgeous, I love it

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Its ok. I was just confused. Thank you
  • Nikki
    Devoted September 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yea the app can be confusing
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

Wear whatever you want for your wedding. My dress was/is a $2000+ Mikaella bridal dress that I bought pre-owned for about $400. I knew I wanted to wear a white/white family dress but it didn't matter to be whether it was a bridal gown, prom dress, or vacation dress, as long as I liked it. I definitely recommend brides-to-be check out sites like Lulus, ASOS, BHLDN, and pre-owned sites when wedding dress shopping because you might just find something you like that is a not a traditional dress but would make a beautiful dress to get married in.

• Samantha
    Devoted September 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    David’s bridal usually has really good prices I found my dress for 100. I wanted something light also because Im getting married in Vegas. I also had money for a second dress
    Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 2 1st dress
    Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 3 My reception dress

• S
    Dedicated September 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

My MOH is making my dress. She's a professional seamstress - has worked for the Met Opera. I'm going on Tuesday for measurements and we already have the fabric for the main dress and the corset. Still need to find the overlay. So far, I've spent $55. I am SO excited.

Anyone didn't get a traditional wedding dress? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics