A
VIP October 2019

Accidentally looked at pinterest again and want to add more decor accents. Oops!

Angelena, on July 10, 2019 at 8:49 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save

I know I am not the only one, and I tried not to look at anything for the longest time so that I wouldn't get anymore ideas but... I forgot what I specifically was looking up but stumbled across dried wheat in decor. So I thought hmmm that looks nice and it's for fall, and here we are. Now I want to add wheat into my floral/centerpieces and incorporate them with the lanterns in some way Anyone know good places to buy dried wheat stalks in large amounts? I saw some on ebay for cheap but coming from china and I don't trust that shipping (could take forever). I am thinking I might have to wait til the fall decor rolls out in stores!

6 Comments

• Future Mrs. H
    Rockstar September 2019
    Future Mrs. H ·

I would try Michael's. They're starting to roll out some of their fall decor

• Alicia
    Rockstar August 2019
    Alicia ·

Most stores have their fall (and Christmas!) decor out already, so I think you'll be able to find them in any craft store. What I've done for my floral stuff was just make tons of trips with coupons - they always have at least 40% off one item, sometimes 50% or 60%. You could also see if any of your bridal party, family or friends would go with you and just all buy one thing and everyone use a coupon and you just give them cash to use. We did that with my sister's wedding and it helped a lot.

• Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·

Agreed - Hobby Lobby already has fall and Halloween items out, so I bet they have wheat stalks!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·

Hey Angelena!! I would definitely check out Amazon for dried wheat stalks, their shipping would be more reliable than eBay also.

I think it would look beautiful in your bouquets!! How are you considering using it for your lanterns?

• A
    VIP October 2019
    Angelena ·
    View Quoted Comment

I'll check amazon! And I am not sure yet with the lanterns! I know some of my centerpieces will be lanterns with clusters of flowers by the base, I could add some clusters of the wheat then!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    View Quoted Comment

This sounds so great!! The perfect addition to a Fall wedding🧡

Comment on this discussion